Between 8:00 - 9:00 am ET on 10/25 we need to take our site down to make updates. We recommend logging out before 8:00am ET and not using your account during this time. Thank you for your patience while we make these important updates.

Separate User ID/Password for API access

Occasional Participant

Separate User ID/Password for API access

Is is possible to setup an separate User ID and password to the constant contact account so the that API can use the alternate ID/Password and not the primary Username and Password?

Thanks!

Steven

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Steven,

Our accounts currently can have only one username/password, and the APIs are designed to work with those credentials.

Could you describe why you would like to have a second set of username/password?

Occasional Participant

Our public web developers are setting up a form on our public website to have people subscribe to our mailing list.  They will then authenticate to your system and populate the correct mailing list.  If our primary user changes the password, we have to go back to the developers to have them change the password there too.

It would be nice if you could setup multiple users under one account and then create access controls.  I.E. one ID that could only be used for API access for developers.  Setup user id's and select which contact lists they could access and if they could add, delete, or select for a mailer.  Might want to have a department create a weekly newsletter but only give them access to create the newsletter and send it out to one list. 

Just some thoughts.

Steven

Anonymous
Not applicable

Steven, thanks for your inputs.  Let me just say that you are not the only one who's requested an ability to have multiple users under one account.  API is the consumer of the account settings so our team does not deal with multiple user settings, but I'll make sure to pass along your feedback to the appropriate person.

Regards,

Regular Participant

I second this, we definitely need a better way to authenticate with the API, using the CC accounts username and password is troublesome and a security risk asking for peoples passwords.

For example, 2 of my clients had a space in their username, I asked them to remove the space, registered for an API key, the client then changed their username back to have a space but the API broke and so did their website signup form, once they had removed the space again this worked fine, however I was not sure if they had altered the username or password so had to contact them and ask for their credentials again, this took a day and the website was broken until I got the new details.

Surely their is a better and secure way to authenticate?

James Benson, PHP Developer.

Constant Contact Services: http://integrationservic.es/

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page