cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V3 .net Headless Server-to-Server Example

V3 .net Headless Server-to-Server Example

I want to develop a .net service that will run on a schedule and query my company's campaigns for recently sent emails.  This service will run completely independently of user input.  I don't have our Constant Contact username and password but instead have the api key and access token that my colleague generated for me. Once the service is built and deployed, there will be no user input. Everything I read seems implies that OAuth is required but entering account details is not an option.

It's important to stress that this is my company's account and will not be used in any way by third-parties. The service is (for all intents and purposes) the account owner but does not have login credentials.

Can someone provide code samples as to how to go about this developing this?  

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: V3 .net Headless Server-to-Server Example

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

Unfortunately I don't have any .NET code samples on this, however our OAuth process only requires the account owner connect once. They will get back an Access Token and a Refresh Token. Once you have these, you can programmatically use the refresh token to get a new access token without the need for the account owner to manually log in each time.

If you wish to view our documentation our OAuth, see here:
https://v3.developer.constantcontact.com/api_guide/server_flow.html

Please have a look and let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,
David B.
Tier II API Support Engineer