cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

don't have permission to create list

All Star

don't have permission to create list

Hi,

I've been using the mashery api successfully for a few years now.  All of a sudden I'm now getting the following error when the api tries to create an email list...

'error_key' => 'user.privilege.forbidden',
     'error_message' => 'You dont have permission to perform this action; please see your account owner.',

Does anyone know why/how this could be happening?  Is it an expiration of my mashery account, or related to my constant contact account? 

I haven't changed any of the programming so I don't think it's a code thing, unless the api has changed and so my code doesn't work now...

Thanks!

1 REPLY
Honored Contributor

Re: don't have permission to create list

Since we have been working on this issue via email, I wanted to post here for anyone who might find this by searching.

If you are seeing this message, it is likely caused by user roles as part of Constant Contact's recent Multi-User functionality. To get information about how user roles and their permissions affect the API, I would suggest reading this article: http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/user-roles/about-user-roles.html

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!