cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

invalid or missing authorization client id

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

invalid or missing authorization client id

On the tester pagehttps://constantcontact.mashery.com/io-docs, I put in the App/Key and the access token and hit enter and get this message in a pop up window  invalid or missing authorization client id.

I have never used the constant contact integration before so I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Occasional Participant

Re: invalid or missing authorization client id

Me too, looks like this might be a yesterday/today issue?

Hello @MarilynO48 and @LoriW040,

The website at https://constantcontact.mashery.com/io-docs is a testing tool for our v2 API. It is not a full integration. It allows you to make calls to our API to test what a properly formatted call and JSON payload would look like along with the response.

If you are trying to use an integration what is the name of the integration and I'll do my best to see how I can assist. If the integration is created by Constant Contact you can call our main support line for assistance with how to set up the integration. If the integration is created by a third party you would want to reach out to that company for assistance with how to set up the integration.

If you are trying to develop your own integration then the API tester page is a great place to start to ensure your calls are formatted correctly, but after that you would want to move on to your own code development.

Let me know which scenario you are working on so I can best assist.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Occasional Participant

Hi Jimmy,

I've used the .net code examples from github to integrate a contact form on my site to create a new/edit existing contact in CC. Only my CC account would be accessed.

If the Mashery is only for testing, how do I get APIKey and secret for my app to connect to my constant contact account?

Hi @LoriW040,

Mashery is not only for testing, but the previously mentioned website is for the API tester page on Mashery. The Mashery page in general is how you get an API Key, secret, and Access Token.

You can reference this article for step by step instructions on how to use the Mashery site to get the API key and Access Token. https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Community-News/How-to-generate-an-API-Key-and-Access-Token/...

Regards,
Jimmy D.

I have same issue with my Authorise Constant Contact API Access To Your Lists the client ID : XX is not valid or has been disabled . Please, let me know if available,how to fix this matter.

Hello,

Where are you getting that URL from? It appears to be wanting to use an API Key but is only being filled in with "XX".

Regards,
David B.