Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Set a Specific Delivery Time and Date for Automated Emails

0 Votes

Please add the option to select a day of the week for drip emails!

8 Comments
LeslieB742
Rookie

We are in the Commercial Real Estate business. I am sending out 4-5 flyers/brochures a day. I need them to go out automatically, (example) every Tues.at 9:00 AM or every other Wed. at 12:00 noon. I am trying to keep track of them on my Outlook calendar and then going to Constant Contact to schedule them, It is so confusing and taking so long. I had a new Principal come to me yesterday and saw what I was doing and thought it the most ridiculous way possible. He came from a company where they used. They were all automated. Yes, I know more expensive. Please don't let them take my CC away as it has been such a pleasure working with all your people. Please try to get automated emails in place ASAP. The way you have it set up now is more difficult then on my Outlook Calendar. Thank You

JacquieS7
Rookie
There needs to be a way to set scheduling hours for the e-mails, also I should be able to send an e-mail to additional groups of different days.
Hannah_M
Status changed to: Voting Open

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @EllenS71  what about our custom delivery settings do not fit your needs for selecting a day of the week? How would you expect to select the specific day?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request for creating specific sending options for an automated series but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

As mentioned in Frankie's reply, custom delivery settings can be set for each series. You can select a day and time range for the step to send. While it's not explicitly selecting a time, we hope this can help in the meantime.

I would like to suggest that the email automation series allows us to enter a time of delivery.  For example, let's say I activate someone on Thursday at 2:45 pm CST in a campaign and the first email is scheduled to go out in 4 days. The way the system currently works, that email will be sent at exactly 2:45 pm on Monday. I am having to wait until a specific time of day to schedule the campaigns so that they go out early morning instead of when we are working on creating the emails which sometimes might be later in the day.  I would love the efficiency of being able to set up and create my emails at any time of day and still be able to have them delivered to a recipient at a set time (for example even though I set it up at 2:45 pm, I may want the recipient to get the email first thing Monday morning at 7:00 am).

user71369
Rookie

Hi,

While creating email automations when time delay is inserted there should be option to set time when the email will be sent. That'll make targeting more effective.

thank you.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More