cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can No Longer Send Emails in Autoresponder!

Highlighted
All Star

Can No Longer Send Emails in Autoresponder!

I use auto-responder to send pre-scheduled newsletters and I had some contacts queued. They received the last email before I had the chance to schedule a new one, and now they wont be sent the new emails taht I just added because the "delay period" has passed. Now I have to create an entirely new, separate auto-responder just to add those contacts!  Why is Constant Contact's auto-responder such a major issue these past six months? So many silly nuances. Does anyone out there know of an alternative company other than Constant Contact that I can switch to?

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Can No Longer Send Emails in Autoresponder!

Hello @DeannaH10,

Thank you for reaching out and expressing your concerns. I understand and apologize that you've had trouble with the legacy Autoresponder tool.

Autoresponder is designed for contacts to go through a pre-determined flow. Once they complete that flow they are no longer part of the series. If the series is updated with new content, the system is not designed to re-engage with previously sent-to contacts. We understand how this would be useful in the event you want to refresh a series and re-engage with older contacts. We are tracking a feature request very much like this and will add your feedback so our developers know this is something more people want to see.

In the meantime, it is possible to copy an Autoresponder campaign into a regular email campaign format. If you want to re-engage contacts that have already gone through the original series, you could copy the new content into a separate email campaign and send to a list of just those contacts. I realize this isn't a perfect fix, but it would stop you from having to recreate the content twice.

If you'd like, I can also set up a case for one of our Automation-specialized team members to reach out to you and provide further insight and assistance with how automation works and how to maybe better the experience for you.

Additionally, here is an article covering the legacy Autoresponder that might be able to provide additional insight into its functions and capabilities.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this thread and we'd be happy to assist.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.