Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't seem to add new emails to my automated email series

Highlighted
Visitor

Can't seem to add new emails to my automated email series

Hey All!

So, I am trying to continually add new emails to my active automated email series.   I set up an introductory email and had it sent out, but when I try to now add the second email to the series, I don't see any buttons or options for doing so.  

I am wanting to continually be adding new emails to a series, as I'm always writing new content for my audience.   Is there a way to do this?

Thx!

Matt

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Can't seem to add new emails to my automated email series

Hey there @MattM871 !

Thanks for coming to the community today! I can definitely understand the importance of adding new emails to a series. At this time, once an autoresponder campaign is set to active, you cannot make any edits to existing campaigns in that series, add any new campaigns to that series, or delete existing campaigns to that series. These are all features we are tracking on our end, so I would love to track this in your account and bring this feedback to our team!

You'll either need to create a new autoresponder series with the new email you'd like to have, or what you can also choose to do is keep your existing series active, and then set up a new series like this:

- New series

- trigger = opens 1st email

- result = sends the rest of the emails in the series

This will allow you to have your second set of automated series start once your contacts have gone through the first set of automated series. This will not work if you are using Click Segmentation to automatically add people to a new list from email in your first set of automated series. Here's a great resource on some Automation Tips that may help you out as well!

Please reach out if you have any further questions, or any difficulties along the way Matt!

Brigitte P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.