cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Difference between Lead Gen and a Welcome Email

Occasional Contributor

Difference between Lead Gen and a Welcome Email

Hello,

I'm having trouble understanding the real difference between a Lead Gen form and a automated Welcome Email. Seems to me that they are basically the same thing. Is there a benefit in using one vs. the other? What is the difference between them? Is using both a Lead Gen Form and a Welcome Email recommended or should you stick with one of the 2? 

Thanks,

Savannah

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Difference between Lead Gen and a Welcome Email

Hello @9dNorthDigMarketing !

Thank you for coming to the community to ask these great questions!

Although they seem similar, a lead generation form and a welcome email are not the same.

To explain further, when a contact signs up through a sign up form (such as a lead generation form) they get sent a welcome email as their first initial email. A welcome email is just an email introducing them and confirming that they are on your mailing list, while a lead generation form is just a way for your contacts to sign up! When using a lead generation form, you're able to put that anywhere. On your website, on social media, even within your campaign as a subscribe button.

Hopefully this clears up some of the confusion, but as a best practice we'd recommend using both. Both hold great value in gaining new contacts (lead generation form) and keeping them engaged (welcome email).

Brigitte P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.