cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

How to edit Email List to add Custom Fields

All Star

How to edit Email List to add Custom Fields

Hi There,

I am creating a website for my client using wordpress and using the contact form 7 and Constant contact plugins. I have created both forms and have successfully connected to constant contact using the API and have also created two Contact Email Lists. One called Newsletter and the other called Contact. I am able to successfully submit the forms and the results are shown in the Email Lists in the Contact Management Section. But not all the fields. I have done some research and when i select a record that is in the list i am given the option of selecting custom fields that are the ones I have used in my form. I am just not sure how to add these fields in the lists so that all the data collected is shown and captured for each entry.

If someone can help me or point me in the righgt direction on how to fix this I would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Efraim

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to edit Email List to add Custom Fields

Hi @RosemaryB6 

I can understand how important it is for your contact information to be correctly up to date. I apologize at this time the ability to match and import information into the custom text fields and custom text areas created on your WordPress form is not available. Having the names that appear on the form also match the fields in your Constant Contact account is however a feature request we are still collecting feedback on. I have submitted your feedback on this in your account to our Product team. In the meantime, as a workaround, we suggest making a note of which custom field name corresponds to the numbered custom field. You can then export all data and re-import it into the named custom fields periodically to make sure it is categorized correctly. I truly apologize for any inconvenience this workaround may cause!

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.