cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

How to trigger an automated email series based on a poll in another automated email series

Occasional Participant

How to trigger an automated email series based on a poll in another automated email series

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me. I setup an email automation series for a welcome email that contains a poll. I want to trigger other email automation series's based on the different responses from the poll in the welcome automation series.

Currently that welcome series is in draft status. When I open my other automation series I created to try and setup the trigger to a specific link, I don't see the email from my welcome campaign that is in draft status as a selection option.

Is this even possible to do? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to trigger an automated email series based on a poll in another automated email series

Hi @JohnM0019 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! The details you have shared definitely help to understand what exactly you are looking to accomplish through your series. Though this a great idea, at this time poll answers are not an available trigger for automated series. Because of this as a workaround I would suggest manually triggering this series. This can be done by creating your series to be triggered when a contact joins one of your mailing lists. You can then export your poll results to a spreadsheet, and upload it to the correct list. We have also submitted your feedback for a trigger like this in the meantime.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Re: How to trigger an automated email series based on a poll in another automated email series

Thank you Frankie for your reply.

I'm not looking to do anything manually. Honestly, I'm quite frustrated with the lack of capabilities of constant contact, and I'm already shopping around to switch providers.

This trigger should be a standard feature. This is not the first time I've had to find solutions to work around the lack of standard features that many competitors provide for less money per month.

Thanks again for offering a work around, I do appreciate your effort.

I just wish Constant Contact would put in better effort toward developing tools and features that are used today by email marketers.

CTCT Employee

Hello @JohnM0019,

We completely understand your reasoning for wanting this feature and would be more than happy to submit this feedback over to our engineers to review. Thank you so much for letting us now how important this is to you! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.