cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile optimization layout

Occasional Visitor

Mobile optimization layout

Hello,

We are working on automation email layout.
Besides mobile preview, we can't see an option on how to optimize it for mobile devices. For instance, we need to put two small images in one line (next to each other). It works fine on desktop, however, on mobile preview, each image goes in a separate line.

Please advise,

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Mobile optimization layout

Hello @AlecS110

Thank you for reaching out to us. We strive to ensure our templates work as well on mobile as they do on desktop, so perhaps I can offer some insight into what you're experiencing.

When a mobile email app opens up a mobile-optimized template, they will always display images as big as they can to fit within the width of the device's screen. Due to this, images will often appear as their own blocks filling up the width of a, for example, phone screen.

To workaround this, you could take a screenshot of your desktop's preview of the email to capture the two images side-by-side. Then simply insert that screenshot where the two images would have been and now your mobile view will display them side-by-side as they're both contained in a singular image.

For more information on best mobile practices, I'd recommend checking out this article.

If you have any more questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this thread or create a new one, and we'd be happy to help!

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Visitor

Thanks William. That's a nice idea, however, that wouldn't work in our case as we need a separate link for each image. 

For instance, this is how the desktop layout looks:

desktop_mail.png

While on mobile, the icons are pretty big:

mobile mail.png

Tags (2)
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello there @AlecS110 !

Getting campaigns to look great on both desktop and mobile can definitely be tricky, luckily we are here to help! In regards to images looking larger when viewed on a mobile device vs being viewed on a desktop (Thank you for providing screenshots by the way!) it all relies on the image's size.

We recommend to keep images between 100-150 pixels when uploading them. This size ensures that the images will not be enlarged when viewed on mobile and remains the same small size intended to be on mobile. 

I've already resized the two affected photos in your screenshots. In your account please take a look at the campaign titled: Community Support All School Feedback #1 (progress, new, etc)

Send a test of the email and open it up on your device, the images should remain the intended small size you'd like them to be. 

If you're still experiencing any difficulties with the images in this campaign please let us know, we can certainly help troubleshoot further if needed!

Brigitte P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.