cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect social profiles

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Unable to connect social profiles

I am an Account Manager on a client's ConstantContact account, and an Admin on her FB Page.  When I go to the "connect social profiles" section, the only options I'm given are my own FB Page and that of another Page I administer - but my client's Page is not one of the options.  This is happening whether I'm logged into FB and CC as myself, or as my client.

I have cleared my browser cache, but the above scenario still persists.  How can I get my client's FB Page to show up as one of the connection options?!  I've been trying for over 24 hours without success to complete what *should* be a very simple task.  What is the problem here??

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Unable to connect social profiles

Hi @FirstNameL82407 

I apologize you're unable to connect your Facebook page to Social Share as easily as you should! You are correct, when connecting to social share using Facebook your personal page will have to be set as an admin on the business page. However because you mentioned this is also not displaying as connected to your personal account directly in Facebook it sounds like this is not due to Constant Contact.  I would suggest taking a look at Facebook's guide on managing user roles as you may not actually be listed as an admin. If you were listed as an admin it would appear when connecting Social Share. More importantly the page would appear as connected in Facebook itself.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

No, you misunderstand.  I *am* an Admin on the Page I'm attempting to connect to this particular client's CC account.  However, the only FB Page that shows up when I click the "connect social profiles" link is an entirely unrelated Page that I am also an Admin of (unrelated to this client, that is).

This is the case, whether I am logged into CC and/or FB as either myself, or my client.

I initially thought CC was also showing me my own business FB Page, but in looking more closely, it's showing me that the Page is connected with my own personal FB profile; the one FB Page is the only option it's giving me, but it is not the Page I need.

This is definitely a CC issue, because when I am logged into CC *as my client*, it should NOT be showing me my own FB stuff - it should be showing me my *client's* FB profile, and her FB Page.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello @FirstNameL82407,

Thank you for the clarification. You may want to try clearing your cache or trying to use a different browser to troubleshoot this issue and see if it shows the correct page after that. Can you also email social_support(at)constantcontact(dot) your username and issue so we can look into this further? Thank you. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

As mentioned in my initial post, I *did* clear my cache, and have now done that a couple of times, without success.

I've also now tried a different browser (Firefox), while logged into CC as my client, and it still just shows me the same unrelated FB Page, but my client's Page is nowhere to be seen.

I'm going to have to go back to my client and ask her to try it - even though she's hired me specifically so that she doesn't have to do this stuff.  😫  Failing that, I will email as requested.

Highlighted

Hi @FirstNameL82407 

Thank you for testing your browser like this! It is a helpful step to see if there are any 3rd party add-ons that could affect how Constant Contact works. Please do let us know if your client is able to connect after all. If not, we would be happy to continue troubleshooting this with you.

Frankie.P

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

My client has now attempted to accomplish this herself, without success.  She sees exactly the same thing that I do - MY info - and her own FB Page is nowhere to be seen.

There are definitely some wires crossed in cyberspace!  We need this resolved as soon as possible.  I have sent an email as directed.

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Well, I sent a direct email to Support two days ago.  The email has been read 8 times so far, but I have yet to receive a single response - not even a "Thanks for contacting us. We're looking into the issue please stay tuned" type of message.  I (and my client) need this problem resolved as soon as possible.

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi @FirstNameL82407. We responded to that email a few days ago needing additional information in order to proceed. I'll resend the email right now 

Caitlin M.

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I did not receive any response until today.  In any case, the issue is now (*finally*) resolved.

For any users reading this, if you're having trouble connecting a client's social profiles to their CC account because the system keeps showing you your own FB profile instead of your client's, go check the Facebook Lead Ads in the Integrations tab.  In my case, for some reason it was linked to my own FB profile - inexplicably so, because I did not set it up like that, and neither did my client.

There is no warning or hint anywhere in CC that this is the reason you're experiencing difficulties, but disconnecting yourself in the FB Lead Ads section and then logging into your client's FB account and then going back to Social Connect in CC, you should find your client's info there.