cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Welcome Email Not Working (OptimizePress)

Occasional Participant

Welcome Email Not Working (OptimizePress)

Hi Experts, 

I just signed up for a trial and I am trying to set up a welcome email that will automatically send to new subscribers of a specific list. I used the OptimizePress plugin on my Wordpress site to create the sign-up form (and I am not willing to change that). The contacts are being added to the list but the welcome email doesn't send. How do I make this work? Or is it just possible if I create a sign-up form directly in Constant Contact? Thanks a lot!

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Welcome Email Not Working (OptimizePress)

Hello @JenniferF4391,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but you are correct. In order to trigger the welcome email to send out to new subscribers you will have to create a sign up form in Constant Contact and use that on your website. Thank you! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

So there is no way around that? I am not able to use my own sign-up forms? Then I won't be able to use your services. 

Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Hello @JenniferF4391,

I do apologize for the inconvenience, but at the moment we do not have a work around for this. If you would like to use our welcome emails for new subscribers you will need our sign up form code to trigger that response. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Ok, that is very inconvenient. And it seems as if I am not even able to create a sign-up form with the free trial, correct? So I would have to sign up for the paid version just to test if I like the way it looks and if it is actually working smoothly? 

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @JenniferF4391,

You can access our sign up forms on your account and create one while you are still on a trial account. If you would like to see how you are able to add the sign up form to your website please click on our helpful article here. I do apologize again for any inconvenience. 

Zoe H.