cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Email

Welcome Email

Probably been asked before...if someone enters their email detail and click submit is it possible to setup my welcome email to be sent immediately? I have created a sign up form with a welcome email but I am not sure whether this will be send directly after signup?

5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Welcome Email

Hello @user28167 ,

That's a great question! That's actually exactly what the welcome email is for. When you're activating your Welcome email you can choose which list(s) you want it to go to and anytime someone new signs up, they will receive that email!

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Is there a way to include a sign up form within the welcome email to secure additional information of the potential customer? For example, I would like to add a contact form to our website but it would be like e-newsletter oriented. The form would request email address and the option to select 3 different items they are interested in hearing about. However, we serve two communities that are 75 miles a part and hold events in both communities. I would like to follow-up by welcoming them and requesting additional information so that I can send them information specific to the community they are in rather than overwhelming them with info for two communities. 

I appreciate the assistance.

Beth

CTCT Employee

Hello @IllinoisSymphony thank you for coming to the community to ask this great question!

The great news is yes! You can definitely include a sign up form within a welcome email to gather that extra information from your contacts. How you can do this is by creating a landing page, which you can start creating by following the steps outlined here.

Once you've published this landing page, it will give you a web-page link which you can then include in your welcome email. You can also use this link on your website, or even on social media! Using this type of sign up form will allow you to gather the information you're looking for from your contacts. If you have any other questions please let us know! 

Brigitte P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am ready to activate my welcome email. Currently on our website contact page, if someone signs up for our newsletter their email will populate in our default list which i will just call List A. My question is that when I activate our welcome email, if i were to indicate List A as the recipients i wanted it to be sent out to, would that email then go to everyone i already have on that list? Or will it only go out to new clients who sign up in the future? To put it simply, do I need to create a separate list so that all of my current constant contact subscribers do not get a second welcome email? 

Thanks for your help in advance.

Savannah Brown

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hey @9dNorthDigMarketing,

Thank you for reaching out! So that is a great question and one I would be happy to answer. If you already have contacts on List A, those contacts will not receive the Welcome email once it is activated. The Welcome email is looking for contacts that are not already on the account in order to trigger. So basically from here on out anyone you add or sign up themselves will receive the Welcome email! Please let us know if you have any other questions.  

Desi_B

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!