cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Welcome to the new Automation & Integrations Homepage!

CTCT Employee

Welcome to the new Automation & Integrations Homepage!

As the new product manager for our Automation Tools, I wanted to take the time to talk about our current tools, where we are with them, and where we are going.

Which features fall under Automation:

• Autoresponder
  • Welcome Emails
  • Birthday & Anniversary Emails
  • Resend to Non-Openers

What’s right around the corner?

Starting this month and throughout January we will be rolling out some great improvements to how you automate emails.

A new type of automated series: Email Behavior Triggers! Start a series of emails to contacts based on how they engage with your trigger email; whether they just opened it, or if they click a specific link inside of that email.

A shiny new interface! Easier to read at a glance, quicker to set up,

Copy. You mean I can finally copy an automated series? Yes. No more recreating all your work from scratch. Note: this will only be the case for newly created series.

Where are we going?

With a renewed investment in building out our automation toolset, we are very excited to deliver more features and a better experience for you in 2019.

More flexibility and functionality. A typical series reads like this: “a contact does something, send an email, send an email, send an email”. We would like to spice up that formula and add more actions inside a series; for example, move contacts between lists, give them a specific contact detail or even add them to a different automated flow.

More trigger types. As we build more integrations with 3rd parties or encourage the use of our Segmentation tools, we want to make sure all those products tie in nicely with our automation tools.

Better reporting. With so many moving parts in an automated series, it can be hard to see if you are truly accomplishing the goal of that series. We want to give better insight into how a series is performing and provide suggestions on how to get more contacts through it.

With all that being said, I hope this forum can be a place for discussion about all things Automation. What types of campaigns do you use automation for? What has been working and what hasn’t? What types of features would you like to see in the future? How do you use our existing features in creative ways?

I’m looking forward to keeping in touch. Happy holidays and a happy new year!

Sincerely,

Matt Breen
Product Manager, Automation
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Welcome to the new Automation & Integrations Homepage!

It's April now. Do you have any more information to add about new triggers and management of contacts between lists?

Hi @AdminKBM 

What exactly are you looking to do with your automate campaigns or your contacts? Having these details can help us make sure we're sharing the correct information with you. In the meantime, I would be happy to share some of the triggers for our new automated email series. These triggers include:

• Opening an email - If a contact opens your Trigger Email.
  • Click any link - If a contact clicks any link in the Trigger Email.
  • Click a specific link - If a contact clicks a specific link in the Trigger Email. You can only choose one link to act as the trigger.
  • A Contact joins a list - If a contact signs up or is added to a specific email list.

I hope this helps! Any further updates will always be shared with through the notification bell in your account.

2019-04-11_14-17-55.png

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Solution Provider

These are really good features.

I used a separate 3rd Party app for creating workflows which are primarily of the form:

1.  I send out a proposal with a link to pay a deposit for my services and a copy of the proposed contract.

2.  The new clients pays deposit and clicks to submit payment.

3.  Payment is received and notification (email) goes to billing department, to me (salesperson) and to new client who also receives an official contract with some “fill-in-the-blank” fields.
4.  Client enters some details into official contract, downloads a checklist and submits.

5.  We get a copy of the completed contract.

6.  When client completes and returns checklist, the monthly billing cycle begins.

We are soon incorporating the “signable” contract in Step 1, along with the checklist download so that Steps 5 & 6 will be eliminated.  The only two features I see that are missing (to my knowledge) from Constant Contact features are:

a) fill-in-the-blank capability, 

b) an easy link for our salespeople to use to get the process started (so they don’t have to log into CC and locate a campaign to do so.

I wonder if perhaps you actually have all this capability and I’m not aware of it or if this is something CC might work toward.  From someone who has used the other 3rd party app a lot and used CC a lot (for email campaigns only), I would be delighted to pay another $5-10/month to get this added “workflow” capability.  Please let me know if you need more info from me.  Thanks, Steve Cartin

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello @SteveCartin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! Take a look at our event and survey tools to see if they will benefit you with what you are looking for. If this is something that you would like, take a look at our plans and pricing page to see the difference in plans that we offer. Our event and survey tools come with our Email Plus Upgrade. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Visitor

First of all my name is Annie and I want to take the time to say Happy Father's Day to you. I am new to Constant Contact and I'm would like to set up an email that will have some automation in it. My question is how do I accomplish this?

Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Hey @AnnieH857,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I would be happy to help! If you're looking to create an automated series, you can click here to read step by step instructions. Please feel free to reach out with any questions that you have! 

Desi_B

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!