cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the simplest way to identify subscribers who haven't opened a single email in an entire year?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

What's the simplest way to identify subscribers who haven't opened a single email in an entire year?

What's the simplest way to identify subscribers who haven't opened a single email in an entire year so I can remove them from my lists?

Two complicating factors:

* Some of my subscribers are on both a weekly and a monthly newsletter list.

* I am not good at manipulating data in Excel.

7 REPLIES 7
CTCT Employee

Re: What's the simplest way to identify subscribers who haven't opened a single email in an entire y

Hello @Susan_Weiner,_CFA ,

You can find out what contacts have not opened an email in an extended time period by running a Segment found on the Contacts Tab. Here's an article that shows how to use Segments.

Timothy_G
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

Re: What's the simplest way to identify subscribers who haven't opened a single email in an entire y

Timothy, does that explain how I can run one test to see ALL subscribers who haven't opened an email in 12 months? Or, is this something I have to run on each individual email, and then aggregate the list?

Hi @Susan_Weiner,_CFA 

That's a great question! The good news is the article shared in our previous response does go over this. It shares the steps on how to pull a list from all your contacts based on who who has not opened any email in the time frame you select. You will not have to create a segment for each individual email in your account.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

Thank you! The video tutorial was helpful.

I see how I can segment subscribers who "did not open" "any of your last 5 emails." I don't see how to segment "did not open" for "any emails in the last year." The dropdown menu for # of emails is limited.

Also does "any of your last 5 emails" refer specifically to the last 5 emails sent to the list that they're on OR does it mean last 5 emails I sent to anybody?

Hi @Susan_Weiner,_CFA 

I apologize for any confusion my previous message may have caused. You can find these contacts by creating a segment based with the Contact Activity set to Did not open > any email > in the last > 1 year. As for "any of your last 5 emails," this does specifically refer to the last 5 emails sent. I hope this helps!

Frankie.P

Occasional Contributor

Oh, like this:use segment to purge non-openers in 1 yr to 6 mos.JPG

Hi @Susan_Weiner,_CFA 

Exactly! I'm happy to see you were able to replicate this same segment creation. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with in your account in the meantime.

Frankie.P