Slowness navigating the website and delays sending campaigns

Product Updates: September 2019

Caitlin_M
Administrator

It finally feels like fall here in Massachusetts (if you can call low 70s "fall weather"). Did you see what's new in accounts during the month of September ? No worries if you didn't. We're here to share all of it. Let's go!

• Print a Draft Email - We heard you and we delivered! You now have the ability to print a draft email from the preview screen. This is great for those who like to see a hard copy of an email before it's sent out to their contact lists. 

• WooCommerce Action Block - Last month, we announced an integration with WooCommerce that allowed you to sync contacts between your WooCommerce store and Constant Contact. If you sell products through a WooCommerce store, you can use our new action block to display them right in your email. 

• Landing Page Promotion on Social - You created a landing page and you're ready to send it out into the world. Copying and pasting the URL is one way but you can now easily share the link in a Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn post. If you want to go the extra step and create a Facebook or Instagram ad, use the Promote button. 

notificationcenter.png

Did you know that you can view new notifications in your account (although we'd love to see you here too)? Click the bell icon in the top right corner of the navigation bar.

Which update was your favorite? Have any questions about what's new in your account? Feel free to comment below and let us know what you think.

4 Comments
Brantam
Rookie

I'm not sure what changed a few weeks ago, but our clients no longer receive our Constant Contact mails.

I've contacted the help line, they're unable to assist and it's difficult to call by phone as there's a huge time difference between my location and Constant Contacts.

Does anybody have any idea how one goes about cancelling your Constant Contact agreement and arranging for a refund?

Your input would be welcomed.

Frankie_P

Hi @Brantam thank you for reaching out to the Community. I apologize for the experience you’ve had with our support and would like to further assist. The contacts who are not receiving your emails, do they all have the same domain? Are they private domains or a public domain? We have seen cases where private domains have stricter security settings. One troubleshooting step we suggest is whitelisting Constant Contact in case there have been any recent updates to these security settings. Even try sending a blank test with an altered line. These blank tests allows you to see if your email is not being received due to content. More importantly, when did you see this change start with your email campaigns? I took a peek and can see a few of your most recent emails were made of a single image with two links below it. Image only emails can tend to get caught up in an email's filter settings. Please email us these details along with your username and a reference of this post to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com so we may continue troubleshooting.

With that said if you did want to cancel your account after all, cancellations are generally done by phone with our Billing Support. However we would can submit a ticket to this team from the Community on your behalf. Would you like us to submit this cancellation request?

KMar
Rookie

I have a similar problem.  Ironically, I am the Constant Contact admin AND I am among the recipients that am NOT getting these emails on my personal email.  Some have been image dominant, others 95% text only. Others are getting not getting them when apart of a group campaign.  I get other emails from our regular email domain but not through Constant Contact. This happened all of the sudden in mid October 2019.  

Can you help?

Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @KMar,

I apologize that you are having the same experience. We have also seen cases where private domains have stricter security settings and you can see that information by contacting your IT department. One troubleshooting step we suggest is whitelisting Constant Contact in case there have been any recent updates to these security settings. Can you also try sending a blank test with an altered subject line to yourself to see if content in your emails may be causing them to not deliver. You can also contact our Deliverability team with more questions about this if you would like. 

Resources

Marketing Digest

Check out marketing advice, tips, and tricks. All from our Constant Contact experts

Visit the blog

Support Tips

Social Media

"There's a multitude of ways to engage your audience through us using your social platforms - via ads, social post metrics, email links, and more! " - Will

See Article

Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article

Support Tips

Welcome Your Audience

"Greet new contacts with one or more automated Welcome Emails depending on their interests or your business goals." - Nick

See Article