Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Q&A from our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Home and Building Service Businesses" Webinar

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Over half of home service customers run a search before scheduling an appointment and most of them don’t have a specific

What is a listing or review?

A listing is all of the places online where your business is or could be listed and show up in search results. Most of these places or sites are where you can also collect reviews for your business. Think Yelp, BBB, Google My Business etc.

You will want to find existing listings that are already out there about your business and claim the listing so you can gain control of it and also respond to reviews. You may also want to spend some time thinking about other sites that will be relevant to your customers and your industry so you can show up in search results.

For a more in-depth discussion on review sites and how to ask your customers to provide reviews for your business, check out the Q&A from our "Harness the Power of Listings & Reviews" webinar.

Does Constant Contact have a template we can use to ask our contacts for reviews? 

There are a few. Try searching for "feedback" in the template picker. While we don't have a template for every review site, our templates can be customized to fit your needs.

I'm creating a welcome email for new contacts and as a thank you, I want to include a coupon. People like monetary rewards but I'm not sure I can afford to give out a lot of $10 coupons. What else can I offer my new contacts?

The trick is that it needs to "feel" like $10 but not actually cost you $10. Some common ideas are 'enter for a chance to win a discounted service', or if you have a really solid brand already established, "Subscribe to our email list, and get 10% off your next purchase". Customers tend to have two different triggers: either financial or emotional. Find the trigger that works best for your customers.

We are an A/V & smart home retail store with a full design and installation department. Some of what we do is considered "essential" right now. Is there a balance of content that you suggest so we are promoting our essential products and services, but also including more fun content without sounding either too heavy or too lighthearted?

Great question! First, make it clear what services you are continuing to provide for your customers that are essential. For everything else, find ways to help build value for your business for the stuck-at-home audience. For example, share videos of your team showing how you're passing the time or giving back to the community, or provide tips to parents to help them occupy their kids' time. One contractor we saw shared a video of a large box from an install that the customer's kids were using as a fort. Get fun, and be creative!

I want to find new leads for my business. You discussed promoting your business on other social media sites but LinkedIn wasn't discussed. What are your thoughts on this?

It entirely depends on your customer. If you are a B2C, LinkedIn is probably not the most efficient way to generate leads. But if you're a B2B, you absolutely must be present there.

I would love for my business to be more present on social media. How can I find someone to set up my pages for me?

While Constant Contact does not provide this service, it's fairly easy to set up these pages yourself. If you're still looking for help, Ryan suggested reaching out to your local Small Business Development Center for assistance. (Please note this is a third-party link. Any links we provide from non-Constant Contact sites or information about non-Constant Contact products or services are provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as an endorsement by Constant Contact)

Resources

Marketing Digest

Check out marketing advice, tips, and tricks. All from our Constant Contact experts

Visit the blog

Support Tips

Social Media

"There's a multitude of ways to engage your audience through us using your social platforms - via ads, social post metrics, email links, and more! " - Will

See Article

Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article

Support Tips

Welcome Your Audience

"Greet new contacts with one or more automated Welcome Emails depending on their interests or your business goals." - Nick

See Article