Q&A from our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Nonprofits" Webinar

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Online marketing presents opportunities for nonprofit organizations to get found, build relationships, and drive donations.

The end-of-year giving season is quickly approaching. It’s important to have a strong foundation in place to ensure you can build relationships and reach the people who matter most online. If you’re just getting started with online marketing or not seeing the results you’ve hoped for then this session is for you.

With our guest expert, Michele Hickey, you’ll learn a smarter, more practical approach to getting the word out about your organization to end the year on a high note.

You’ll learn:

• How people find you online
  • How to set yourself up for success
  • How it all comes together

In addition to nearly 30 years of experience in the nonprofit sector, Michele Hickey has an MS in Professional and Technical Communication from NJIT, an MA in Nonprofit Management from the New School University, and a BA in Business from Rutgers University. In 2003, she founded Silver Lining Communications, LLC which specializes in content development for the nonprofit sector. She works with nonprofits of all sizes and types, from higher education institutions to grassroots organizations. She has been a Constant Contact Certified Solution Provider since 2018.

In this post, you can watch the webinar in its entirety. Interested in our free, future webinars? Sign up here to stay informed!

How often should an organization be sending out emails? Email Marketing 

It depends! You'll want to consider the nature of your organization, and the makeup of your audience and their expectations. Start off by sending one email a week and watch your reporting. If you start seeing higher rates of unsubscribing, consider sending out fewer emails.

I want to start planning my end of year fundraising. Do you have any tips on how I should go about this?

This is a perfect time to start planning. Visit our Blog to read more about creating your marketing plan for year-end fundraising.

Do you think revamping your website/brand to attract a younger generation of donors will disengage the current donors?

Stick to the fundamentals - mobile-friendly, clean design, easy-to-read typeface. As long as you are still straightforward with your mission and what your goals are, this shouldn't discourage old donors from engaging with you.

Michele mentioned a tool that her church organization uses. Could you explain that?

That would be our Text To Join tool. In her example. They use it to invite people to join the church mailing list to receive weekly emails. This idea can be translated into other industries as well!

4 Comments
JillM9699
Campaign Contributor

The webinar was helpful and informative. I would love to see more resources for non-profit agencies.

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @JillM9699. I'm so glad that you found this webinar to be useful for you! I would recommend downloading our free guide called The Download. This one in particular focuses on nonprofits. Also, our Blog has a ton of articles related to nonprofits so I would recommend checking that out. If you are looking for something in particular related to online marketing, let us know and we'll see what we can find!

GloriaG683
Rookie

Hi Caitlin,

I have a blog and want to connect with my viewers via constant contact to share information for the events we are having. I am being asked for a constant contact html link to post. 

William_A
Administrator

Hello @GloriaG683 ,

By "constant contact html link," are you referring to:

Resources

Marketing Digest

Check out marketing advice, tips, and tricks. All from our Constant Contact experts

Visit the blog

Support Tips

Social Media

"There's a multitude of ways to engage your audience through us using your social platforms - via ads, social post metrics, email links, and more! " - Will

See Article

Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article

Support Tips

Welcome Your Audience

"Greet new contacts with one or more automated Welcome Emails depending on their interests or your business goals." - Nick

See Article