Q&A from our "How to Hit Publish and Build Profits with Content Marketing" Webinar

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Content marketing is a way for you to reach your perfect customers by offering valuable, engaging information over time. It can be in written, audio, or video form. It allows you to increase your chances of getting found and growing your profits. While it may seem complicated, it doesn’t have to be.

We recently hosted a webinar featuring Pamela Brown, an online educator, speaker, and business coach at BIG Brand System. Topics covered included:

• Getting an easy formula for planning your content publishing schedule (it works for beginners and established content creators)
  • Learning a simple system so you can create consistent, high-quality content faster even when you’re super busy
  • Discovering the 7 Essential Elements of Great Content framework so you can quickly snap together content marketing that “just works”

In this post, you can watch the webinar in its entirety and read some of the questions asked by our attendees. Interested in our free, future webinars? Sign up here to stay informed!

I already have a website. Why should I have a blog? 

A blog is typically a component of a website, which has a feed of timely articles, usually displayed in the order of most recently written. While a website is a place to share "evergreen" or static information about yourself or your business (such as location, store hours, and contact info), a blog is a place to publish articles on topics related to you or your brand to show your expertise.

How do you find a compelling topic to write about? What will drive people to read and engage with the material?

Start by thinking about the types of questions that your customers and prospects are already asking you. This means there are more people out there who are likely searching online for the answer. It should also be relevant to your audience, such as meal preps ideas or kitchen organization tips if you run a restaurant.

How important do you feel it is to be present on all social platforms?

We suggest starting with one social platform so you can focus on doing it well. Once you've mastered that platform and see some results, start to branch out to a new platform. Keep in mind that all platforms are different (different audiences, features, etc). You'll need to adjust the message for each platform when you expand as well.

How can I promote my content on social media? What about through email?

For social media, decide where you want to share this information (see the question above). You may want to stagger your scheduled posts and also make sure your text fits the platform. If you share your content through email as well (such as creating a campaign in Constant Contact), you can easily share your email on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. If you wanted to go the extra mile, try out social media ads. 

I like to post videos with my content. Can you add a video into a Constant Contact email?

Yes, you can add a video to an email, provided that it is hosted through a supported platform. 

Is there a better font that is considered easier to read?

For online content, a sans serif font (without the little feet) is easiest to read. Some examples of this type of font are Arial and Verdana.

Will potential customers think there are too many emails and content coming from the same place and will just move it into the junk mailbox?

No, if you are providing helpful, relevant information, they won't see your emails in this way. However, if you're sending the wrong kind of information they don't find relevant, then you may see more people unsubscribe and marking the emails as junk.

So how many emails is too many to be sending out?

The age-old question! We typically suggest about two emails per month to stay top-of-mind with your readers. Take a look at your reporting tab in your account. If you are sending too many emails, you may see more spam reports, unsubscribes, and even lower open and click rates. 

Resources

Marketing Digest

Check out marketing advice, tips, and tricks. All from our Constant Contact experts

Visit the blog

Support Tips

Social Media

"There's a multitude of ways to engage your audience through us using your social platforms - via ads, social post metrics, email links, and more! " - Will

See Article

Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article

Support Tips

Welcome Your Audience

"Greet new contacts with one or more automated Welcome Emails depending on their interests or your business goals." - Nick

See Article