0 Votes
Clique_Marketing

Errors with FireFox 4

by Respected Contributor on ‎04-11-2011 04:32 PM

Is it just me or are others experiencing issues with FF4?

I have to use an older version of IE to post here.

Not my first choice at all.   

Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource
/t5/Email-Marketing/Constant-Contact-Makes-It-Easy-To-Pick-The-Perfect-Template/m-p/27447
does not allow request data with GET requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

Comments
by Moderator on ‎04-11-2011 04:51 PM

Hi Tony,

When are you receiving this error? Are you trying to view the video or leave a reply?

Thanks,
Marissa

by Respected Contributor on ‎04-11-2011 05:09 PM

In a variety of ways.  The simpliest of which is just clicking on "User Community"   This is happening from my home as well as the office. 

Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource
/t5/User-Community/ct-p/userdiscussion
does not allow request data with GET requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit. 

by Moderator on ‎04-11-2011 05:24 PM

I'm sorry that this is happening. I posted in our system's forums. When I hear a reply, I'll let you know.

Hang in there!

Marissa

by Moderator on ‎04-11-2011 06:12 PM

We reported the trouble with the system.  What version of Firefox 4 are you using?  A couple people have Firefox 4 and they have been able to post without trouble.

Thanks!
Marissa

by on ‎04-12-2011 09:30 AM

Not using FF anymore. After switching over to Mac last year I have been using Safari.

One of the first things i downloaded on my new mac last year was FF because I used it all the time on my windows machine, but after working with Safari for a few weeks I soon stopped using FireFox.

btw: site works great with Safari.

by Respected Contributor on ‎04-12-2011 10:42 AM

I am using Version 4.  I tried from home and work again and got the same errors.

I am now using IE again to post this.

I'm not familiar with that error message, it doesn't appear to be a server message, perhaps its an application error message. 

I don't have any other issues with other Forum software and I'm on a ton of them.

by Respected Contributor on ‎04-12-2011 10:59 AM

Test after deleting all cookies.

by Respected Contributor on ‎04-12-2011 11:03 AM

I believe that the issue might have been caused by a corrupt cookie cache.  I deleted all my cookies here at my office and now I can post.  I will try this from home later this evening.

It might have been a result of using these browsers on your test site before you went live.

I'll keep an eye on it.

I found this suggestion on the web after I Googled that "request too long error message".

by CTCT Employee Jarrad_M on ‎04-12-2011 11:09 AM

Thanks for the info Tony. Glad to see you can post again on your preferred browser. If you run into any other problems, please let us know.