0 Votes
nohler

Issue with forwarding event emails

by Solution Provider nohler on ‎10-21-2011 03:45 PM

I have clients who love the event tools, but the people they invite say that they could invite more people if the email could be forwarded and let the new recipient register.

Scenario:

Current system.

Jill gets an invite in gmail. She forwards that invite to Bill. If Bill click on the RSVP link, Constant Conact thinks that he is Jill. = BAD.

It should be easy for Jill to forward the invite from her email to her friends and use her address book. She does not want to find 10+ addresses and paste them in.

Suggestion:

Add a feature to CC that asks if the person RSVP'ing is the person matched to the email. Track the email so that the person who forwarded it guest credit for a guest.

Scenario:

New method.

Pam gets an invite in hotmail. She forwards it to Sally. Sally clicks the RSVP link and is greeted warmly and asked if she is Pam. She say 'NO' and registers. Pam gets credit for inviting a guest who did or did not register.

What do you think?

Comments
by Moderator on ‎10-21-2011 03:47 PM

Hi Nohl,

I answered this question in your other post:  http://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Event-Marketing/Forwarding-Event-Emails/m-p/40103#M930

I do like your New Scenario and will pass that on to our product developers.

Thanks!

by on ‎03-05-2013 02:35 PM

This has been a problem with Constant Contact for years.  It is very BAD since if the original email gets sent to Bill and he forwards to Sally and Sally registers the database now has Sally's name with Bills emai and other personal information.  We brought this to the attention of CTC years ago and they still have not fixed the problem.

by on ‎03-05-2013 02:38 PM

Marissa,

Your response below does not help.  We as the senders of the invite have no control over how the person receiving the invite forwards it. But the results end up messing up our information.  It's a systematic problem that should be fixed.

Hi Nohl,

Jennifer did address the forwarding event question posed by the first poster.  When you use the Event Invitation, the recipient has to use the Forward to a Friend link in the footer in order for the other person to register.  If you forward using the Forward button in your email client, it will still be connected to the first person the email was sent to.

I hope that helps!

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

by CTCT Employee CTCT_Event on ‎03-05-2013 05:19 PM

Hi everyone, 

My name is Jim Mariano, Im the Product Manager for EventSpot.  I wanted to thank you guys for the feedback and give some thoughts.  @WiSeMark, you're right, the experience is goofy for people who have been forwarded an event invite, but when we look at the source of registrations, there are significantly more registrations from email campaigns sent from the business to the invitee than there are from invitees forwarding invitations along, so we thought it was best to make the experience easy for the original recipient above all. 

We will look for ways to improve the experience for invitees and anyone they want to forward the message to.  Just so you have some insight into what we are currently working on:

- copy event emails

- reuse/resend event emails 

- access codes/private events

- discount codes

- our Event Check-in mobile apps

Please believe that we are working as hard as we can to deliver to really good product.  Keep the feedback coming!  Thank you again for using us!

Jim