cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3GE Editor Updates

Hi, everyone!

There have been a few updates to the 3rd generation editor, so I'd like to take a moment to discuss what those are. I'll also include a brief video at the end to show exactly how the updates function. 

-The elements outlined in the following image are all what we call "stackable." This means that you can drag any of them into place in either a one or two column template. 

stackable elements.png

-If you've dragged a Spacer element into your campaign and want to resize it, just place your mouse over it and look for the "grab handle." The grab handle is a more thickly outlined blue area on the bottom of the spacer. You can click on that to drag the spacer and resize it as you need. 

-The Spacer and Divider elements now have trash can icons, just click on the element in your campaign and you should see the trash can icon in the edit toolbar. 

-The text toolbar now has all of the alignment options grouped into a drop down menu. 

-The Greeting tag is now located in the Insert Drop Down menu, which is in the edit toolbar, like this:

greeting tag.png

We do plan on introducing more features to the Insert Drop Down Menu, and when that occurs I'll post to let everyone know. 

If you have any questions about these features please don't hesitate to ask, and you can also take a quick look at the video below to see these functions in action. 

(view in My Videos)

Natalie_B

Hi there, I'm Natalie! I've been with Constant Contact since 2014. I'm the Social Media Manager behind @CTCTHelp on Twitter. When I'm not in the office you can find me playing pool competitively or perhaps trekking my way to a geocache. If you want to talk social media & customer care then I'm your girl, don't hesitate to reach out!

22 Comments

Hello,

I'm new to consant contact and so far I am loving the features.  In creating my first email I wanted to adjust cell padding in a block, which I couldnt figure out how to do.  After some searching I found several articles and threads that stated I should be able to access some sort of "code view."  The problem is when comparing screen shots, it seems as if these articles were based off an older version of the editor.  Has this functionality been taken out, or is there a differnet way to achieve this?

HI @CherylS7295

Thanks for posting! In the new editor there isn't a way to see the HTML code but I'm happy to take a look for you. What is the name of the email you are working on and where would you like to adjust the spacing?

All Star

The new editor is great but taking away the html eitor means I can no longer easily embed countdowns and other aspects into the e-mail.

CTCT Employee

Hello @GrahamP

Thank you for the great feedback. Your suggestions mean a lot to us! I understand how having access to the html can be very useful when customizing your campaigns. I will be sure to relay your feedback to our engineers. 

Brandon_19784
N/A

Echoing the HTML view's utility, how would one go about adding a subject line in a "mailto" link if not on Outlook based email system?