cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Birthday and Anniversary Contact fields!

We’re happy to introduce Birthday and Anniversary Autoresponders!  If you’ve been using a custom field to collect this information you can make the move to using the new standard “Birthday” and “Anniversary” fields. You will now see these fields available when you import a file of contacts, add an individual contact or edit an existing contact in your account.

bday.png

Interested in moving the information from your custom field to the new standard fields so you can take advantage of the new Birthday and Anniversary Autoresponders? Here’s how to do this!

1. View all of your contacts and click Contacts on the left.
  2. Export all of your contacts to a CSV file.
  3. From within your Constant Contact account, click My Account > My Settings and then “Manage My Custom fields”. Delete the old birthday/anniversary fields.
  4. Download your contact export and double check that your birthday and/or anniversary information is in an acceptable date format.
  5. Save your changes and upload you file. Just make sure you choose the new standard fields as labels!

Ready to set up a Birthday or Anniversary Autoresponder?

Hannah_M

Hi I'm Hannah! I started at Constant Contact in April 2011 as a Customer Support Rep answering calls, chats and emails. I moved to the Social Media team full time in October 2012. I also work with the @ctcthelp twitter handle, follow me there!

5 Comments
Honored Contributor

Great start!  Long overdue.

I have a car and a truck list.

I want to control the birthday greetings appearance depending on what list they are on.

Blue for boys - Pink for girls, you know that sort of segmentation.

How do I do that? How can I AND a list to the birthday algorithm? 

Honored Contributor

Hi @Clique_Marketing

You would want to create multiples of the emails you wish to send out based on a specific list.

So say, that you wanted to send Email Blue to List A but Email Pink to List B. You can do that.

When you're on the schedule page, you would choose the option "Contacts on specific lists" and then choose the list(s) to send Email Blue to.

Go ahead and create a draft in your account to test it out and you can see the "Contacts on specific lists" option.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Honored Contributor

How do I select to send to the people on each list on their birthdays only?

Honored Contributor

Sorry... Never mind ..  its not available in your legacy system.

Honored Contributor

Correct. Currently, this feature is only available in our Toolkit accounts.