cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Edit a Sent Campaign?

Honored Contributor

Did you know that one of our top searches here in the Community is the question "Can I edit my sent campaign?" Once I realize that month over month this search pops up without a result, I knew we had to write a post on it. This is also a question that many of our Support representatives receve as well. You want to edit the campaign you sent because you just realized that there was a typo. Or perhaps you want to edit it because you chose the wrong image to insert. 

Unfortunately, there is no way within Constant Contact to edit a campaign that has been sent. Once your campaign has been sent, it has left our Constant Contact servers. We have sent it out to the many servers that your contacts are on; that may be Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. Once we hand it off, we are unable to retrieve it. 

But if you happen to need to edit a sent campaign, you can always make a copy

1. On either the Home or Campaigns section
  2. To the right of the name of your Campaign, click the Actions drop-down
  3. Choose Copy
  4. Follow prompts

Copy Campaign.png

Please keep in mind the best way to avoid this from happening is to send yourself a Preview/Test version to all of your email accounts. This will help you to know how the email will look when your contacts receive it. Once you are satisfied, then send out your live version to your list(s).

Hope that this post helped clear up this question for you! If you have any further questions please let us know!

Marissa_R

2 Comments
David Pflumm
N/A

When multiple copies of a document are out and being edited is there any way to preserve all

the changes in each document without the last document to be "Saved," overwriting the previous

document. 

We ran into this recently with The Springs at High Rock newsletter.  It caused a problem where

a couple of authors thought something nefarious was taking place.   Without very sophisiticated

software generally that last document saved becomes the final version, right?

CTCT Employee

Hello David. We discourage having a draft being worked on by multiple people at a time as the last save will override any unsaved work that has been done by anyone else working on the email. At this time, we are not able to show real-time changes being done on a draft. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.