You've Got Questions. We've Got Answers. 
From the basics to the advanced, we can help. Post questions, find answers, share knowledge with your peers.

Can I Edit a Sent Campaign?

by on ‎08-10-2015 08:21 PM

Did you know that one of our top searches here in the Community is the question "Can I edit my sent campaign?" Once I realize that month over month this search pops up without a result, I knew we had to write a post on it. This is also a question that many of our Support representatives receve as well. You want to edit the campaign you sent because you just realized that there was a typo. Or perhaps you want to edit it because you chose the wrong image to insert. 

Unfortunately, there is no way within Constant Contact to edit a campaign that has been sent. Once your campaign has been sent, it has left our Constant Contact servers. We have sent it out to the many servers that your contacts are on; that may be Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. Once we hand it off, we are unable to retrieve it. 

But if you happen to need to edit a sent campaign, you can always make a copy

1. On either the Home or Campaigns section
  2. To the right of the name of your Campaign, click the Actions drop-down
  3. Choose Copy
  4. Follow prompts

Copy Campaign.png

Please keep in mind the best way to avoid this from happening is to send yourself a Preview/Test version to all of your email accounts. This will help you to know how the email will look when your contacts receive it. Once you are satisfied, then send out your live version to your list(s).

Hope that this post helped clear up this question for you! If you have any further questions please let us know!

Marissa_R

Comments
by Josh
on ‎12-20-2016 03:41 PM

How about for emails sent using HTML in the advanced editor. I have been able to update images that are being hosted on my server, but is there a way to actually edit the code once it's been sent out?

by CTCT Employee Alan_F
on ‎12-20-2016 04:07 PM

@Josh You will still have to make a copy to edit any of the code for your email. Once you copy the campaign, you will be able to make any changes you need to.

by YousefH
on ‎01-10-2017 10:58 AM

Can you update an image? If you update an image using the same file name, that image will reload into people's email as the new image. Even though the email sent out, I can still edit an image, when the image is on my server. But I need to edit an image that I uploaded to constant contact, is there a way to update images? I can just find an edit image but I can replace that image in the edit area.

by CTCT Employee Jonathan_R
on ‎01-10-2017 11:35 AM

Hello @YousefH, This is a great question. At this time we have the ability to replace a PDF or Word doc file that is linked in the email. However, no feature that allows replacing an image. I apologize for any inconvenience. This is a great idea though, and I recommend posting it in our Feedback Area. Our feedback section is a great place to post ideas for the product, where other customers are able to vote on your post. Often times, this helps get features added to the product.

In the meantime, below are some screenshots to guide you on where to go; if you are ever interested in replacing a PDFor Word document in an email.

Step 1

replace_1.png

Step 2

replace_2.png