How Can I Edit an Email After It Has Sent?

You made a mistake in your Email Marketing. Maybe the wrong link was put in. Or there needed to be a date change. This brings about the question: "How can I edit my sent email?

The truth is you cannot edit an email once it has been sent.

Imagine your email as a letter put into a mailbox. Once the mail is picked up, you are unable to take back the letter. This same system exists in Constant Contact.

Some email clients, such as Outlook and Gmail, have the feature but there is a caveat. Outlook, for example, only works within the same Outlook Exchange system. If it is sent outside of that ecosystem, it won’t work. Gmail doesn’t actually retract the sent email, but (if you have the feature turned on) will delay sending the email up to 30 seconds for you to hit the Undo button.

What you can do is copy the already sent email. It will generate a copy of the email campaign and then you can rename it, make any necessary edits, and resend it to the appropriate recipients. A best practice with resending emails is to update the subject line to let your audience know they are receiving an updated email. We recommend having the subject line start with "Resend" to make this more obvious to the recipient. 

We hope this article was helpful in case the issue ever arises. If you need assistance with any of the above, feel free to post our on Get Help board.

Version history
Last update:
‎02-12-2024 12:46 PM
Updated by:
Labels (2)