cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Contact Employee Spotlight: Andrew Heffernan

CTCT Employee

Welcome back to our Constant Contact Employee Spotlight series! We are shining the spotlight on Andrew, a Software Engineer. Our Engineering department works to create new features and also resolve any issues that may arise in our product. Read on to learn more about Andrew, what he's gained from working here, and what he likes to do when he's not being a problem solver.

A little background on Andrew

Andrew started working at Constant Contact in 2011 with our Support team and moved up the ranks before joining our Engineering department two years ago. He works specifically with our Integrations team, which has recently released an integration with Shopify that they were very excited to introduce to our customers.andrew.png

Let's hop into the Q&A!

What does a typical day for you look like?

Most of my day is spent in front of a keyboard working on creating new features and resolving any customer issues that arise. We then spend part of the day thinking about the next set of features along with working with UX (User Experience) and Product Management to help shape the experience of these features.

What drew you to working for Constant Contact?

The culture originally drew me to Constant Contact and I am here today in large part due to the amazing people that work here. Everyone is willing to listen and help no matter what the issue is.

What have you gained from working here?

I figured out what I was passionate about and found my direction. Also, I have been given the opportunity to learn and grow the skills needed to go after a career in Software Engineering.

If you could give one piece of advice to a small business, what would it be?

Embrace technology and change. I know time is precious in the small business world, but taking some time to learn and use new features and technologies will help your business continue to grow and make sure you stay relevant in an ever-changing world.

Now let's get to the fun stuff. Outside of the office, what do you like to do?

I play on the company kickball team and I really enjoy playing hockey when time allows.

What is your favorite vacation spot?

Wellfleet, Massachusetts- My friend has a house there, so we like to go down and enjoy relaxing and disconnecting on the beach.

What is your favorite pizza topping?

BBQ Chicken

Editor’s Note: Yuck! Hawaiian pizza all the way!

What app do you use the most?

Spotify - I enjoy hip-hop and R&B, I’ve been listening to a lot of Drake lately. (And the Shopify App! I did create it after all…)

What have you waited in line the longest for?

Bon Me. My favorite dish is one with Korean pulled pork. Yum!

Editor's Note: Bon Me is something many of our employees have waited in line for...and are willing to! They are a food truck that comes around on a weekly basis to the office and dishes out delicious non-traditional Asian food. Check out their website here. Please keep in mind that any links we provide from non-Constant Contact sites are provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as an endorsement by Constant Contact.

Thanks for the great answers, Andrew! Make sure to give a thumbs up if you liked this Q&A or if you want to see more of these. Also, comment below with any questions you'd like us to ask a Constant Contact employee.

Caitlin_M

I've been working at Constant Contact since October 2015 and have been a member of the Community & Social Media Support team since July 2016. I love being able to assist our customers through phone support, social media, and also here in the Community and help them succeed with their email marketing. Outside of work, I like to read, eat anything I can, sing loudly in my car, and plan my next adventure.