cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Happy Turkey Day! In recognition of Thanksgiving our Support office will be closed Thursday (11/23). We will be open Friday (11/24) for limited hours (10:00am - 6pm ET) and will be back to normal hours on Monday (11/27).

Constant Contact Employee Spotlight: Nathan Lucas

CTCT Employee

Welcome back to the newest installment of the Constant Contact Employee Spotlight! We're re-visiting the Voice of the Customer (VOC) department to talk with Nathan Lucas. Nathan is a Senior VOC/Tier 3 Technical Engineer and Developer (Tier 3 is our highest level of support). His department works to make sure that our customer's voices are heard and to provide a great customer experience within the product. Read on to find out what advice he has for our customers, his hobbies outside of the office, and his favorite local small business.

A little background on Nathan

Nathan has been with Constant Contact for a little over two years, starting his career in Tier 1 Support and then moving up to his current position of Senior VOC/Tier 3 Technical Engineer and Developer. "It has been a fast paced and amazing journey with the drive to provide a better service to our customers," he says.

Let's hop into the Q&A!

What does a typical day for you look like?

It's hard to plan out a typical day. I'm involved with a lot of moving parts from developing and supporting the internal applications Tier 1 and Tier 2 Support use to better assist our customers to working with our product and engineering teams to prioritize system issues and fix any usability issues.

What type of work did you do before working here?
Before Constant Contact, I had a variety of jobs in the retail and manufacturing industries, such as managing a retail store, production coordinator for a pillow manufacturer, purchasing coordinator for a HVAC company, and support supervisor for a national cable and internet company.

What makes you excited to come into work every day?
Every day is something new and interesting. A new puzzle to solve in order to continue providing the best service possible to our customers. In a world that can change so rapidly, you're constantly on your toes and this excitement is what I look forward to every day.

If you could give one piece of advice to a small business, what would it be?
Never be afraid of embracing new technology! The tech world changes rapidly and there are amazing tools and resources that are released every day. Don't hesitate to look at new features and solutions to push your business even further.

Now let's get to the fun stuff. Outside of the office, what do you like to do?
When I'm not working, I'm usually at home working on woodworking projects, playing one of my many guitars, and cooking. 

upload - Nathan Lucas.jpg

Editors Note: Nathan is a little camera-shy but we insisted on including a picture for his Q&A. He sent us a picture of his dog, Dex, and we were happy to include this pup!

What is your favorite vacation spot?
I visited Guatemala 17 years ago and ever since have dreamt of going back one day.

What is your favorite local small business or non-profit that you wish more people knew about?
William Oliver's Publick House in Fort Collins, Colorado. It's a place to slow down and unwind with good company in a world that is so fast-paced.

Editors Note: Please keep in mind that any links we provide from non-Constant Contact sites are provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as an endorsement by Constant Contact

What was your favorite toy growing up?
Legos and architect blocks!

Who or what motivates you?
Knowledge. It is something my father instilled in me at a young age to never stop reaching for.

Thanks for the great answers, Nathan! Make sure to give a thumbs up if you liked this Q&A or if you want to see more of these. Also, comment below with any questions you'd like us to ask a Constant Contact employee.

Caitlin_M

I've been working at Constant Contact since October 2015 and have been a member of the Community & Social Media Support team since July 2016. I love being able to assist our customers through phone support, social media, and also here in the Community and help them succeed with their email marketing. Outside of work, I like to read, eat anything I can, sing loudly in my car, and plan my next adventure.

Loading script asynchronously