cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a great unsubscribe page

CTCT Employee

UPDATED: January 2018

We have recently updated the Sign-Up Forms tab of our users' accounts. Your Update Profile Form can now be found under Landing Pages and More in the Sign-Up Forms section of your account. 

home-tab-sign-up-forms (2).png

NewSignUp_LandingPagesAndMore (4).png

Customizing the unsubscribe page is a great way to try to save a contact by letting them pick what information they want to receive or to gain valuable knowledge about why they no longer want your campaigns.  Currently in Constant Contact, you need to update the Update Profile Form to customize the Unsubscribe page. I am going to go over the Unsubscribe page and show you where to update all the information you need to create a great unsubscribe page.  

The unsubscribe page pulls two pieces of information from the Update Profile Form. It will add the image logo you use and the list(s) you select for the Update Profile Form. It is easy to customize the Update Profile Form.

Clicking on the Update Profile form, it will bring you to a page where you can give your form a title and description. This allows contacts to know they are in the right place and what to do.

The next page is where you can check the lists that you want to be available to contacts - whether to join or be removed from. The lists selected here will be the ones that show up in your Unsubscribe Page. You want the names of your list to be easily understood by your contacts/customers/subscribers. Customers should understand what they are going to receive information on.  If a customer is in any of the lists that show in the update profile form there will be a check next to that list.

update-profile-form-select-email-lists.png

When you hit continue it will ask you what information you want to collect from the contact. This does not show in the unsubscribe page. It is still a good idea to format this page. Here you can choose what type of information you'd like your contact to provide by checking the box next to all fields you want to be required and clicking the "x" for fields you don't need contacts to fill out. If you've removed a field by accident, just click the "Additional fields" link to add it back.

update-profile-form-contact-fields.png
Next, you can select what logo and colors you want use on the last page of the Update Profile Form. This image needs to be a banner image that is 300px by 100px. Any bigger image will distort to fit this size. I recommend a simple logo with your company name next to it. Remember to preview your form to make sure it looks good. Click Finish when you're done.

update-profile-form-appearance.png

A professional unsubscribe page will show your customers you care about the information you are providing them and help ensure they only get the information they want to see.

Anna_D

Hello, My name is Anna and I have been with Constant Contact since October 2011. I love working with small business owners! I love writing little tips and tricks about how to use our products to engage with your customers. Outside of work I love hiking and exploring what Colorado has to offer.

18 Comments
CTCT Employee

Thanks for the quick reply @HeathM5,

I've double checked with our Compliance team and they have verified that there is not currently a GDPR requirement of adding an unsubscribe link to your website, and that sending out the GDPR email covers that base. If you have additional questions about GDPR, please feel free to reference this guide

Visitor

Basically, we need to send out a new email that informs them about the changes of the new law and we wanted to add an unsubscribe button to the page in case they want to unsubscribe. :smileyface:

Visitor

Hi Thanks for your response.

Sorry I didn't mean to have a direct unsubscribe link on the website but a link that would go to the landing page of yours where they can change their preferences? Have you got something like that?

CTCT Employee

Hi @HeathM5,

Thank you for your reply. At the moment, we do not have a link that you can implement within your website that would allow the contacts to change their preferences. The reason is because the links are contact particular, it is tracked to their email address. We do however, have the Update Profile landing page where contacts can manage their preferences. This can be found within the Sign-up Forms page. Once you get to that page, click on Landing Pages and More option and you will see the Update Profile form. For more information on this and how to edit the update-profile form, please click here.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in not having this feature at the moment, but let us know if you have any additional questions.

Visitor

Hi Thanks for your response

I have got this landing page created but couldn't find a way how contacts can land on this page to edit their preferences?

CTCT Employee

Hi @HeathM5,

Once you send out an email campaign to your contacts, they will need to click on the Update Profile link at the bottom of the footer. Then they will be able to change their preferences for which lists they would like to be subscribed to or not and also other changes to their contact details as well. I hope this helps. Let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Hi, 

Is this feature still available. Today is Dec 3 2019. The steps don't look the same

Hi @NorthgateC

You are correct, the process for accessing your Update Profile form has been updated. This form can now be found by clicking Landing Pages and More under the Sign-Up Forms tab of your account.

home-tab-sign-up-forms.png

NewSignUp_LandingPagesAndMore (2).png

I apologize for any confusion this outdated information may have caused and have added an update to this post as well.