cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Lists for a Specific Contact

Honored Contributor

Do you want to edit the lists for a contact?  There's an easy way to do it, right from the Contact Details page!  To get to the Details page, just click on the name of the contact.  

Once you are viewing the details of that one contact you will see the lists below each email address that contact has (you can have up to 5 email addresses for a contact).  You just have to click the x in the blue bubble next to each list that you want to remove.  Take a look: 

2015-08-26_1449.png

Samantha_O

Former Community Manager at Constant Contact.

11 Comments
Honored Contributor

You got me thinking.

If a single contact has 5 addresses how many is a CC customer charged for? Is it by Contact or email address?

If one address bounces and marked suspended is the entire contact and other 4 email addresses removed from being able to get mail or just that one address? 

Honored Contributor

Hi @Clique_Marketing

Happy to answer your questions:

"If a single contact has 5 addresses how many is a CC customer charged for? Is it by Contact or email address?"

Constant Contact charges based on the unique email addresses within your account. If a contact has 5 email addresses, we will charge for all 5 of those. If you have 2 contacts who have the same email address, that will only count as 1 because it is unique. Edited by Moderator

"If one address bounces and marked suspended is the entire contact and other 4 email addresses removed from being able to get mail or just that one address?"

Just that one address that bounced and was marked as suspended is affected by this scenario. 

I hope that helps!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for clearing that up.  

Honored Contributor

Anytime!

Follow up.

When I look at all our accounts I see Contacts as the only numerically referenced item not email addresses.

I am guessing that the number of contacts correlates to what I am billed for ( how else can I see what I'm paying for then)

Where can I see the number that is going towards our actual billing then.

500 contacts with 5 address should put me in the 2500 category but I'm not following how I can see that.

2015-08-27_8-08-30.png

Honored Contributor

Because testing is better than asking. ( I'm on the road with too much time on my hands ).

I added another address to an existing contact and now have two as I should.

When I refresh my screen I still have the same amount of contacts as you say I should.

BUT

Where do I find how many "things" I am being charged for?  

BTW most of your sales collateral says we're charged for "contacts" not email addresses as you mentioned above.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for asking. The terms "Contacts" and "Emails" can get mixed and confusing so let me back up a bit.

Contact = The inidividual person, good way to think of this in your account is a contact card. Information per person.

Emails = The actual address you would send to. 

2015-08-28_8-17-06.jpg

We bill based on the number of active contacts in the account. This includes contacts who are bouncing but not yet removed from your account. It excludes unsubscribed contacts, company contacts, contacts without permission and contacts without email address. 

I thought a couple of examples might be helpful.

• If I add a new email address to an existing contact it does not add to active contacts.
  • If I add a new contact with a unique name and unique email address it does count toward my active contacts.
  • If I add a new contact with an already existing first/last name but new email address it does count.
  • If I add a new contact with new name information but the same email address it does count

Please note, I used "Name" as an example above but this actually applies to first name, last name and social profile.

To see what you are currently being billed for it's best to view your Active contact list and check the number there. This number can take time to update if you are adding or removing contacts so please give it a chance to update.

2015-08-28_8-21-31.jpg

Does this help?

Thanks,

Honored Contributor

I think there is still some confusion even from your own staff.

Response I got the other day ( in this thread).

"Constant Contact charges based on the unique email addresses within your account. If a contact has 5 email addresses, we will charge for all 5 of those."

A contact with 5 email addresses still shows as one contact.  But in the above example I would be charged for 5 "things". 

Your response

"To see what you are currently being billed for it's best to view your Active contact list and check the number there"

A contact with 5 email addresses still shows as one contact  In your example I would be charged for 1 "thing".

As you can see the two responses from your company are totally different.  Can you see where I still don't understand?

Perhaps a third opinion is needed as a tie breaker.  

Trusted Contributor

This statement is inaccurate and the proper information is provided in Hannah's post. The info you are referencing in the earlier post has been crossed out. Any questions please let me know and thanks for the push for clarification.

Honored Contributor

Tie Breaker goes to the boss  

Thanks Ros ....