cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Join My Mailing List Application

JMML.jpgDid you know Constant Contact has an App for your Facebook page that allows people to sign up for your mailing list from your Facebook Business page? This App will do the work for you by transferring the contacts that sign up right into your Constant Contact account.

Want to see how it looks before adding it to your page? Check it out here

Note:  You do need to be the owner or an Admin on the page to install this.

How to Install

1. Make sure you are logged into your Facebook account.
  2. Login to your Constant Contact account.
  3. Go to Contacts > Sign-Up Tools.
  4. Click "Facebook Sign-Up Form" in the More Tools column.
  5. In the window that appears, click Add App.
  6. Choose your page from the "Add this application to:" drop-down box.
  7. Click Add Constant Contact - Join My List.

The app is now installed on your page.

Now, let’s get it set up on Facebook.

1. Click the Join My List icon on your page.
  2. If prompted, log in using your Constant Contact login information and then click Grant Access.
  3. Review the Join My List app by clicking the previous and next buttons on the preview page. 
  4. Make changes by clicking Customize in the upper-right. You can:
  •          Modify the introductory paragraph
  •          Edit the call to action sentence
  •          Upload a logo
  •          Change the list choices on the app

Click Save Changes when done editing.

That’s all there is to it!

Hannah_M

Hi I'm Hannah! I started at Constant Contact in April 2011 as a Customer Support Rep answering calls, chats and emails. I moved to the Social Media team full time in October 2012. I also work with the @ctcthelp twitter handle, follow me there!

30 Comments
Honored Contributor

I find using a more intuitive icon a better idea.

Here's one I use and will offer it to the community.

Tony Schaefer
FREE consultation for your next project
Accredited CTCT GOLD Solution Provider
Constant Contact All Star 2009-2010-2011-2012
www.cliquemarketing.biz

ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 15 11.31.gif

Hi! I did a giveaway on Facebook to build my email list as I am a new small company. I use Constant Contact because I could set up Autoresponders and had switched from **Removed By Moderator**. However, many of my potential customers could not figure out how to sign up in the form on Facebook to enter their home address. The first page of the sign up form asks for the email. The second (and somewhat hidden page) asks for their address. I received 1250 emails from people saying they couldn't enter their physical address! For a new business like mine, that is too many potential customers to lose on an a form that is not user friendly. My suggestion: make the sign up form on Facebook one page that includes the welcome note, email, names, address, other details, and thank you in one place seen at the same time. Can someone create a custom Facebook sign up form for me? Thanks! Amanda

Honored Contributor

Hello, 

I went to your Facebook page and test out the Join My List application.  I was able to successfully add my email address then information on the address screen.  There is a link on the second screen saying "No thanks, I am all set" so it allows people to bypass the step of entering in their physical address.  Have you received any more information about the people who are having issues?  Does it seem like they might have clicked the link to bypass the physical address section, then realized that in order to receive a sample (this is in your thank you message) that you would need an address?  

The app is currently set up in the three step process to try to avoid any drop off for people signing up.  Someone is added to your list as soon as they put in their email address (the only required section on the first page) and click to Continue.  Even if they click off of your page, or the link saying they are all set they are still within your list from the action they took on the application.  You can always send your feedback about the Join My List Application to our feedback area here.  

You did also ask if there was someone who could create a custom Facebook sign up form for you.  We would not be able to do that for you; however, there might be someone else in the Community or an app/someone listed in our Marketplace that might be able to assist you with that

Honored Contributor

Is there any way to suppress the address page altogether?

CTCT Employee

Hi Tony.

Unfortunatley there isn't a way to bypass the address page completely. It is something that has been included on the Facebook sign up function for a while now. I don't think this is something that Constant Contact has the ability to change. I'm sorry about that!