cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Create Custom Fields for My Contacts?

Honored Contributor

The 3 most common items of contact information that is collected and imported within Constant Contact are First Name, Last Name, and Company Name. Our Contact systems gives you many more options to choose from to label your contact’s information, whether you add them manually one at a time or you’re uploading a file. However, even we don’t know the exact labels that will fit every businesses needs for their contact database. When this happens, we turn the reins over to you.

With full control of what label you wish to utilize, our Custom Field feature is available to you. Let me show you how easy it is to get your Custom Fields set up to accommodate you.

• Once logged into your account, click on My Account  > My Settings in the top right

My Settings Toolkit.jpg

• Next scroll down to Contact Settings > click on Manage my custom fields

Manage Custom Fields.jpg

• On the next screen, you will want to click the link Add Custom Field and a drop down will appear with 2 options:  new text field or new date field

Add custom field dropdown.png

• If you just want a basic text field for text to be entered, choose text field
  • If you want a date to be selected, such as an Anniversary or Birthday, choose date field
  • When you are done adding your Custom Field labels, click the gold Save button.

Get started now by following the above steps to truly add customization to your Campaigns that you send to your Contacts!

Does your account look or sound different from this? Check out our post in Using Standalone Products!

Any questions let us know!

Marissa_R

2 Comments

Thanks. How many custom fields can we add?

CTCT Employee

Hello @ChanaG9,

Thanks for your reply. You can add as many as you need!

Let us know if you have any further questions!