cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to: Clear Text or Styles

Honored Contributor

Has a representative ever told you that you should clear your styles within the block of your campaign? Or maybe you’ve seen this option when editing a block. This feature is great if your content is acting up. When I say acting up, I mean it’s acting strange, colors are not staying consistent, you can’t add text, and fonts are not staying. This happens quite often when you’re pasting in content and/or using a block within a copied campaign. No worries, I’m going to show you how easy this feature is to use!

• When you are within a block, you will see the edit toolbar at the top

TK - Clear Styles.jpg

• If you click the drop down, you are given 2 options: Entire Block or Selected Text
  • If you want to reset the full content within the block, choose Entire Block
  • If you want to reset the highlighted text within your block, choose Selected Text
  • This resets the block to the block’s default font, size, and color

If you do this, you will then be able to reformat your content to fit your needs.  Also, if you have any links within your block, you will have to reformat those as well.

And that’s it! This feature is a lifesaver and a timesaver!  Any questions let us know!

Marissa_R

2 Comments
All Star

I've repeatedly had the problem where content is "acting up" when other people receive the email, but I can't see the problem in the campaign editor, or in a test email that I sent to myself.  Is it known what browsers, systems, etc. will show up text highlight colors so I can know where I need to test my emails to spot the problems?

CTCT Employee

Hello @JesseS66,

That is a great question. If I am understanding correctly, you are asking if the editor will highlight problem areas automatically. This is not currently a function of Constant Contact; however, a great suggestion for a product feature. I would suggest making a post here so that other Constant Contact users can join the discussion and vote on your idea.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.