cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Edit Your Event Settings: Accepting Donations

CTCT Employee

While you are editing your event, your three options will be Event “Basics, settings, and registration.” This is where we can edit information such as the time, location, the registration process, and the settings of the event including whether or not we want to accept donations and how we would like to accept payments from our registrants. It will look just like the image below.

Image 1.JPG

As you make your way further on down the “Event Settings” page, you will see a section titled “Can people make a donation?” If you select Yes, more fields will populate that will need to be filled out. First will be your PayPal email address. As long as your organization is 501(c)3 compliant, you will be able to accept donations.  

Capture.JPG

Here you can also provide an explanation as to what your donors are donating to. It always helps to give the donor an idea as to where there money is going and what cause they are supporting. It is likely that if they are donating, they are already aware of the cause, but it never hurts to re-iterate to them who they are supporting during the moment in which they finalize their donation.

You will also have the option to either give them a suggested amount to donate, or for the donor to be able to pick and choose what they would like to give.  Also, don’t forget to thank your donor. I’m sure they know your business is appreciative, but thanking them during the act of donating is a key component as well. Maybe send them an email a few weeks or months later as well to let them know how the cause is doing, and how their time and money was put to use.

One important thing to know is that the donation opportunity by default, only populates when someone declines the invitation to your event. If you wish to make the donation link available to your registrants, you can copy and paste it into the landing page of your event so that those who register will have the opportunity to donate as well!

Have you ever run an event where donations were accepted? Did it serve your organization well? It can be a great way to market and grow your small business or non-profit!

We hope you find this information helpful!

Best,

Ian W

Ian_W

My name is Ian Wheeler! I've been with Constant Contact for a little over a year now and have had a great experience here! I will be interning with the Social Support Team and look forward to growing and learning with them!