cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this week and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

How to Schedule/Send a Newsletter/Announcement

CTCT Employee

So you spent a ton of time creating your beautiful newsletter or announcement and…now what? You schedule it of course! This is by far the most exciting and fulfilling part of the creation process; getting to show all of your hard work to your email list.

First things first, you’ll want to look everything over and make sure everything looks right. You can even take this time to send yourself a test version of the email by clicking “Preview” 

schedule1.png

and then using the send a test link on the right. You can enter up to five email addresses to send the test to.

schedule2.png

Now that you’ve tested your email and everything looks glorious, let’s go ahead and schedule this thing! You’ll want to look for the continue button in the upper right hand corner.

schedule3.png

After hitting “continue” you will be directed to the scheduling screen. You’ll want to make sure that your subject line is perfect and then you’ll want to select which lists you would like to send your email to. This is also your last chance to make sure your from/reply-to emails are correct.

schedule4.png

You can choose to either send now or send later and then you can hit ‘OK’ as your last step! Your email will now be in scheduled status and launch within the hour! Congratulations on sending out your very first email campaign! 

Updated on 8/26/2016

Melissa_M

Hi everyone. My name is Melissa and I started working at Constant Contact in 2012. I am currently interning with the Community and Social Support team. I am all about going out of my way for customers and I hope that I can pass some of my knowledge about Constant Contact to you. :)

5 Comments
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I am a user from India, so can you help me know how I can select Indian Standard Time to schedule my mails which have to be sent at a future date or time.

Request your suggestion.

Regards

Deepak 

@Melissa_M wrote:

So you spent a ton of time creating your beautiful newsletter or announcement and…now what? You schedule it of course! This is by far the most exciting and fulfilling part of the creation process; getting to show all of your hard work to your email list.

First things first, you’ll want to look everything over and make sure everything looks right. You can even take this time to send yourself a test version of the email by clicking “Preview” and then using the send a test box on the left.

1.PNG

2.PNG

Now that you’ve tested your email and everything looks glorious, let’s go ahead and schedule this thing! You’ll want to look for the continue button in the upper right hand corner.

3.PNG

After hitting “continue” you will be prompted with this screen:

4.PNG

You’ll want to make sure that your subject line is perfect and then you’ll want to hit the blue plus sign.

Next you will be prompted with this screen where you can choose the list you’d like to send this email out to:

5.png

Check the boxes and then press the apply button.

Now your lists are all set. The very last step is to press 6.png and then you’ll be prompted with when to send your message.

7.png

You can choose to either send now or send later and then you can hit ‘OK’ as your last step! Your email will now be in scheduled status and launch within the hour! Congratulations on sending out your very first email campaign! 

Hi Deepak,

Happy to help! You will need to set the time in your account first. To do this, click My Settings in the upper right of your page. On the right of this page you will see a "Time Zone" box where you can set the timezone for your account.

12-4-2014 7-42-20 AM.jpg

Make sure you click save and then you will be able to schedule in your timezone. 

12-4-2014 7-42-34 AM.jpg

Occasional Visitor

Thanks a Ton!

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I need help scheduling my new Holiday card to send to my contaacts list which I have updated and renamed 2017-CARD. hOW DO i DO THIS? THANK YOU.
CTCT Employee

Hi @WilliamS050

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

That's a great question. If you have already completed your edits and renamed the card, you can follow these directions to Schedule the Email

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us here. Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!