cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a campaign

Updated January 2019

Do you have excess drafts or campaigns in your account that you would like to delete? Here's how!

When viewing your list of campaigns click “More” and then “Delete” to remove the campaign.

2019-01-21_17-25-25.png

Once deleted your campaign will no longer show in the list of campaigns but instead will be moved to the “Deleted” folder on the left. You won’t be able to copy or edit a deleted campaign.

If you click to view your deleted campaigns you will see “Restore” as an option on the right just in case you delete the wrong campaign or need to set one back to active.

2019-01-21_17-28-10.png

Hannah_M

Hi I'm Hannah! I started at Constant Contact in April 2011 as a Customer Support Rep answering calls, chats and emails. I moved to the Social Media team full time in October 2012. I also work with the @ctcthelp twitter handle, follow me there!

14 Comments
Frequent Visitor

Once I delete a campaign, can it still be viewed?  Is there a way to "prevent" campaigns from being viewed?  Of course, I found a typo. JOY.  I deleted my campaign but it had already went out.

Hello @SueC120. Unfortunately once a campaign is sent, we cannot retrieve it. If you do wish to make changes to your campaign, you can make a copy of the campaign and resend it to your contacts. I would suggest putting something in your subject line like "Corrected" or "Revised" so your recipients don't think that they are getting multiple copies. 

Regular Visitor

how do we delete unused/draft campaigns permanently?

Hello @RayB80,

Thank you for your question! Once a campaign has been deleted it remains in the trash bin indefinitely. There is no permanent way to remove campaigns from being visible on the site. I will track this as a request in your account for our developers to see! 

All Star
A quick search on how to permanently delete campaigns shows me that people have been asking the same question for years. i did not dig to much, but saw that it at least dates back to 2012. Seriously Constant Contact?!?!? You cannot add this simple feature that would make a lot of customers happy? I have no need to restore a campaign from 2014, nor do I need to have a staff member accidentally resend it because they are not as well versed with constant contact.
CTCT Employee

Hello @LAMC122,

Thank you for providing your feedback!

I apologize that this feature is not currently available and that you are not able to permanently delete your campaigns. As you have mentioned, we have received this feedback in the past and this is something that we are tracking. I am going to add your feedback to our existing forum as an example of someone else who would benefit from having this feature. In the meantime, please let us know if you have additional questions.

Again, thank you for providing that feedback! Have a great rest of your day!

All Star

I'm trying to delete a campaign but I keep getting an error message "There was an error in trying to delete your campaign(s). Try again."  Trying again doesn't help and there's no information to help me understand why it can't be deleted. 
Thanks!

Michele

CTCT Employee

Hi @PattyM977,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!  I apologize, but currently there is an issue in some accounts where you cannot delete an automated email.  Those emails include the Welcome email.  We are currently working on resolving that, and I will add your account to that issue so you can be notified when it is fixed!

If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Occasional Visitor

Hello!  Any update on being able to permanently delete emails in the deleted folder?  The last comment I see on this is from April 2018 so wanted to check.  

Thank you!

Hi @PattyR08 

I apologize we do not currently offer a way to permanently remove old campaigns from your trash folder. We are however still collecting feedback on this! How would this feature be helpful for you? Having any examples on why you would want this feature is useful information needed for our developers.