cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a campaign

Updated January 2019

Do you have excess drafts or campaigns in your account that you would like to delete? Here's how!

When viewing your list of campaigns click “More” and then “Delete” to remove the campaign.

2019-01-21_17-25-25.png

Once deleted your campaign will no longer show in the list of campaigns but instead will be moved to the “Deleted” folder on the left. You won’t be able to copy or edit a deleted campaign.

If you click to view your deleted campaigns you will see “Restore” as an option on the right just in case you delete the wrong campaign or need to set one back to active.

2019-01-21_17-28-10.png

Hannah_M

Hi I'm Hannah! I started at Constant Contact in April 2011 as a Customer Support Rep answering calls, chats and emails. I moved to the Social Media team full time in October 2012. I also work with the @ctcthelp twitter handle, follow me there!

18 Comments

I would also like the ability to remove old campaigns There are times when I start a campaign to test out a feature or an idea. if the idea does not pan out, i need to delete them so as not to confuse things. It's frustrating  not to be able to delete campaigns permanently. another bone of contention. i normally name these ideas "test." since I already have another "test" campaign in the deleted items folder, i have to resort to something else. very annoying, very limiting. I use the name test so that i know this is my sandbox version that may or may not become the real thing. don't like not having full control of what i do. 

All Star

People should be able to delete campaigns.  If you can delete a webpage from your website without any issues, why is this any different?  

One of the reasons I'd like to delete past sent campaigns is because some of them were simply tests done with 1 or 2 people and I prefer to remove them completely from my database when showing reports. (I know I can apply filters to my reporting but I want to make sure these tests are not influencing the overall average click rate).

Visitor
I realize that deleting a campaign wouldn't remove it from someone's inbox if it has already been sent, but it would kill links to the message that are posted on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media, or websites. This would be extremely useful if a campaign is sent with bad info.

Constant Contact, here's an example of how this feature would be helpful...

This feature would be used to unclutter our list of Campaigns (668 and growing).  125 of these Campaigns are Deleted - but not really - because you can't permanently delete them.  They hang around indefinitely and show up when we do searches.

I suspect we have so many deleted campaigns since we've been using Constant Contact for years, over many staff changes and lots of people were in the early stages of learning your software.

This has lead our current list of Campaigns to grown unmanageable.  One suggestion if your programmers can't figure out how to permanently delete them would be to simply exclude them from search results in any other folder.  Personally, I don't care if they just hang out in the Deleted folder if they NEVER showed up when doing searches in any other folder.

If the only way you could see them was by clicking on the Deleted folder, then I'd just never click it.

Hi @ScienceCentral 

Thank you for reaching out with this feedback here in the Community! This is helpful details we have tracked in your account. I apologize being able to permanently delete campaigns from your account is not currently available. Though we have tracked this feedback and feature request in your account in the meantime.

Awesome! 

Occasional Visitor

There must be a way to permanently delete a campaign, even if it's a two step process of deleting to the Deleted Items location and then deleting from there.

As it is, I messed up a campaign item and decided to start over. CC won't let me use the same campaign name because it still exists, in the trash.