cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

How to get a URL for your Campaign

CTCT Employee

UPDATED: July 2018

Want to share your campaign on your website, social profiles, blog, or within a different campaign? You can use your campaign's Short URL! (Please note, in order to get a URL, the campaign needs to have been sent and cannot be in a draft or scheduled status) To access the short-link URL, click on Campaigns. Then, click on the button located to the right side of the sent email campaign called More. Finally, select the Share option and a pop-up will display the short-link URL.

share.PNG

Please note, the URL links to a web version of your email.

That’s it! Pretty easy, right? Have you used the Campaign URL? Where have you shared it? 

Samantha_O

Former Community Manager at Constant Contact.

36 Comments

Hello @SHPENational. Good question! It looks like you are using the third-generation editor in your account. At this time, there is not a way to automatically include a webpage version at the top of your campaign. This can be done manually by sending the email, copying the URL and then copying/pasting it into a copy of your sent email. This feature is something that we looking into and I will submit your feedback over to the appropriate team. 

Jeffrey Dweck
Not applicable

Is there a way to re-use a link if, for example, I update/copy a Campaign and re-send it out?  Or any way to edit a campaign that's already been assigned a link?

Hello Jeffrey. Once an email is sent, you are not able to edit the campaign unless you make a copy of the campaign. However once the new campaign is sent, this would create a new URL as we are not able to reuse that URL.

Occasional Visitor

Where do I find the short URL for an event that I've created?  It used to be on the "MORE" dropdown, but now it's gone.  I need it so I can put it on my flyer.  Can this be added back to the dropdown?  Thanks for your help!  

Hi @RobynS093! Here is a link to our Help Center that will show you how to find the URL for your event. Hope this helps!

Occasional Visitor

Hi Caitlin_M - unfortunately this doesn't help.  The event URL is easy to find.  What I'm looking for is the "SHORT" URL.

CTCT Employee

Hi @RobynS093

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. You can get the Event Short URL by clicking on the link icon next to the event name on the campaigns page as shown below. I will also submit feedback to have the short URL added back to the dropdown menu. 

Event Short URL.jpg

I hope this helps you! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you by reaching out here.

Thank you using Constant Contact! Have a great weekend!

Occasional Visitor

@Adrienne_B  Thank you!  That is exactly what I was looking for!

Denise_KBB
Not applicable

When I click the 'Actions' button the far right, there is no option to get the Short URL.  In fact - there is no Actions button, only a 'More' button - but Short URL isn't there.  When I click the little link button next to the campaign name.  I get a link but when copy / paste and email it to myself as a test.

I get a message that I need to be logged in to view the campaign. 

Any suggestions?

CTCT Employee

Hi @denise_KBB,

Thank you for reaching out to us! We have updated the way to get the short URL. To grab the short URL, make sure you are in the campaign listing page. You'll notice that next to the email campaign's title there will be a small, gray paperclip icon. Click on that paperclip icon, and you'll open up a little window with the shortened URL. From there, you should be able to copy it and insert where you desire! Let me know if I can help with anything else! Paperclip.png