cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Want to Change the Name of My Campaign

Honored Contributor

When you create a Campaign with us, we automatically default the name of it to include the Date and Time so it looks something like this “Campaign Created 2015/01/30, 7:51 PM”. Now, I don’t know about you but that doesn’t necessarily make it easy to find your Campaign should you need to come back and look for it at a later time. It would be great if there was perhaps a way to edit this name to something a little more easily recognizable. You are in luck because this feature does, in fact, exist. Read on to learn how to change the name of your campaign.

* Please note: as long as your Campaign is still in draft mode, meaning you haven’t sent it to your contacts as a live send yet, you can edit the name. If you did do a live send, you are not able to change the name of your Campaign.

If you’re already within your Campaign, just click on the pencil icon to the right of the name of your Campaign in the top left under Customize Your Campaign.

Change Campaign Name.png

That will open up the highlighted text to allow you to type the name you want to be shown internally within your account. Please Note: This name does not get sent to your contacts, this is different than editing your Subject Line.

Once you’ve edited this, you can click outside of the editable box and this will save your changes. Of course if you want to be on the safe side, just click that Gold Save button on the right anyway.

If you are not within your Campaign, follow these steps below:

On the Homepage, click on Campaigns on the left

tk campaigns.jpg

Now find your Campaign whose name you wish to change.

You can either click on the current name or click on Actions > Edit.

Edit Campaign.png

Once your Campaign opens up, follow the same instructions above of clicking on the pencil.

And that is it! Now that you know how to change the name of your Campaign, go ahead and log into your account and get started! Remember to make the name easy to recall should you want to categorize your campaigns into folders and for easy to find access.

Does your account look different from the images and steps above? If so, check out our Using Standalone Email Marketing Products Post!

Marissa_R

6 Comments
Cathy Hammond
Not applicable

To edit the name of a scheduled post, I had to go into Campaigns>Scheduled>name of campaign>Unschedule  - then the pencil icon appeared to change the name. Perhaps the directions need to be updated to include this extra step?

CTCT Employee

Hello Cathy,

Thank you so much for that feedback. This article specifcally applies to emails that are in the draft mode, not emails that have already been scheduled. You are correct that, to rename a scheduled email, it would need to be unscheduled first.

It's too bad you don't have a name edit feature after the email has been sent.  I created an event, published it and then realized I put the wrong year number and can't change it.  Seems a bit of an unusual inability given technology.  It's not like I'm resending anything, just editing a title.

CTCT Employee

Hello @TracyB763,

Thank you for reaching out to us!  This actually is now possible in the account!  For an event specifically, you will need to enter the Event Dashboard and select the Edit Event button on the upper right hand side.  After doing so, select Basics and click the blue Edit button on the upper right.  Changing the Filename field will update the name of the event for you!

All Star

Changing the name of a drafted campaign is more tricky now. I don't see a pencil icon next to the name of my campaign. Instead, I had to:

1. Click the name of the campaign, which brings up the page where you can make edits.
  2. Click Cancel in the top left corner.
  3. This loads the Email Details page, where you will then see the Edit Name link.
CTCT Employee

Hello @