cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting a Document Link into your Campaign

Honored Contributor

Updated July 2019:

The information below is outdated and only applies to templates still using our Second Generation Editor. All other users can find the correct steps for inserting a document into your email here.

-----

doclink1 (1).pngAfter you have uploaded your document to the Library you can now Insert a link to that document within your campaigns. When editing an email you will want to edit the block, highlight the text you want as the link (optional), then from the Insert Menu on the left you will choose Insert > Document Link. You will then see a window with all of the documents uploaded to your account. If you did not highlight text for the link you will need to type text at the top of the window in the field for Link Text. With the icons next to this field you can also style the link if you would like (you can change the Color of the link, bold, italicize or underline the text). You will then select the document you wish to link to within the list and hit Insert.

doclink2 (1).png

In Order to test out the Link you can Save the block you are working in and Preview the Campaign. From the Preview window you can click on the link and it should open up your document for you.

You can also add the Document link to your landing page or make it the link behind an image. To do this you will want to go to the Library tab down the left hand side of the screen. You can then find the document that you wish to link to. If you click on the Preview of the email or the name of the document it will open a new window with specifics of that document. You will see below the icon of the file type (i.e. PDF, DOC) there is a File URL field. You can click select to highlight the link and Copy it. You will then go to the Campaign and choose to Insert a new link, or customize an Image to add a link to it.

doclink3.png

Samantha_O

Former Community Manager at Constant Contact.

4 Comments

Can you change a document in an email that has already been sent? 

CTCT Employee

Hello @SharonB1421,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can definitely understand the importance of being able to replace the document being used in an email that has already been sent. You can try replacing the document being used within the Library. Here is a link that will show you how to replace the document in your Library: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/7479-replace-a-document-in-the-libr.... Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with today. 

All Star

HI, i have been trying to link a word document to my e-mail campaign without success. 

All seems to go fine, until i test it as you recommend "...In Order to test out the Link you can Save the block you are working in and Preview the Campaign.  From the Preview window you can click on the link and it should open up your document for you... "

However, when i click the link in the review, it does not open the document. Instead it opens my desktop, where my document is located. What am i doing wrong in the uploading process? Thank you

Hi @noraVimalap 

We would be happy to help take a look into this document link for you! What is the name of the campaign you are working in and the link you are trying to preview? When viewing your most recent campaign I was unable to see a document link included in it. Once we receive these details we can continue to further assist.