cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-User is Here At Last!

CTCT Employee

You’ve asked for it. Clamored for it. Even begged. But now, it’s really here. Multi-User access is now being rolled out across Constant Contact. Many of you won’t have it yet, but you will soon. In fact, in the next few weeks, it should be available to everyone!

What is Multi-User?

So what does this mean? This means that if you have several people who manage Constant Contact, each one can have their own login. In fact, you and up to nine of your colleagues can have access to one Constant Contact account.

How does it work?

Your account still has one main contact person, the account “owner”, but up to nine sub-accounts, or “users”. The users will have full access to the contacts and to the product areas (Email Marketing, EventSpot, Social Campaigns, Survey and SaveLocal), as well as the library. Users can also start trials for new products. However, users will not have access to billing information, cannot purchase products, cannot update the business profile, and cannot log into the Community. Those features are specifically available only to the owner.

Currently, owner and user are the only two user levels available. However, once we get past this initial rollout, we will look into expanding the types of roles that can be used.

How do I know if I have it?

It’s really simple to see if you have Multi-User available to you. Just log into your account and go to My Account. In the upper right, you should see two or three options. If one of the options is “Account Users”, you have Multi-User. Congratulations! If you don’t see “Account Users” there, don’t worry. Just check back in a week or two and you will probably have it by then. Again, our plan is to have it up and running in the next few weeks for every Constant Contact account.

Got it:

yesmu.png

Don't got it (yet):

nomu.png

If you’ve got it, have a look around and see what you like, and what you have questions about. We love feedback, so any thoughts you have about how we can make it even better are greatly appreciated. You can post them below or you can create a new post in our shiny, new Roles and Account Details board!

Jeff_G

Hi, I'm Jeffrey! I work in Support at Constant Contact, answering your support calls. I'll come in here from time to time to help out with any trouble you may be having.

16 Comments
Occasional Visitor

A user level with report only access would be very useful.

Thank you for making progress by bringing multi-user to Constant Contact.  I know our organizations has been waiting a long time for this functionality.  We now desperately need the permissions capability.

Things we would like to be able to do:

• Assign rights to a list - allowing us to give a user access to only one of our lists for emailing - This is Critical
  • Likely would prefer a view and email only restriction for sub-lists
  • Set standard email/event templates that must be used and would be controlled/assigned to sub-users by the master - This is Highly Desired
  • Getting very advanced would be the ability to set up multiple payment forms per user - we don't currenlty use online payment for our events, because we have 6 or 7 subsidiary groups that all have different treasurers, but all communicate through our single Constant Contact

Any update on the permissions role out timeline?  We are getting lots of pressure from our subsidiary groups for individual access.

I would also be interested in having the extra functionality that is discussed: permission levels, etc. I have also encountered the multiple log in error issue where I was working on an email, got a phone call and was distracted for a few minutes, and accidentally logged in again from a separate window. Just the act of logging in caused everything to freeze and I lost the changes to my email. I understand that logging in as the same user twice may be different, but I would want to know that multiple users simultaneously will not cause any issues. Thanks!

CTCT Employee

Hi Lorraine. I am so sorry for the trouble the logging in has caused you. The multiuser functionality will not cause any issues in terms of logging in. As long as you and the multiuser are not working in the same email at the same time they should be able to log in while you are logged in. Of course logging in as the same user twice would cause the system to become confused and have you close out and log in on only one window. Having two tabs open in the same account will cause the system to return an error message. If you have specific feedback you'd like to leave about the Multi User functionality, please leave that in our Roles and Account Details feedback area. Thank you! 

Visitor

We have several different departments in our business and would like to be able to change the signature and default settings for each individual user (i.e. When "ncc.office" logs in the default signature and reply-to email reads "Amanda, office@northsidecc.org" but when the music department logs in the default signature is "Shawn, shawnc@northsidecc.org.")  Currently when multiple departments send out emails, all the results go to one person.  Instead, results from the office email should go to the office email and the music results should go to the music email.

Currently the multi-user function is not useful to us beyond one additional user.  Once you've created a user that cannot access billing info, what is the point of creating another?

CTCT Employee

Hi @northside13 

I understand you'd like to see the option to change the footer for each individual user. That is great idea! Would you please submit your feedback in the Roles and Account Details Feedback area? That way everyone can vote on it.

The point of having multiple users is just to stop you from having to give out your personal log in info to someone who may not be with the company forever or if you only need someone in the account to create a campaign. Multi user is something still fairly new that we only came out with recently. It still could potentially do a lot more but we need the feedback on it in order to make the proper updates. I highly suggest leaving your feedback so we can make these edits to the Multi User functionality. Thank you so much!