You've Got Questions. We've Got Answers. 
From the basics to the advanced, we can help. Post questions, find answers, share knowledge with your peers.

New 3GE Read More Block

by CTCT Employee Caitlin_M on ‎11-23-2016 08:45 AM

Hello Constant Contact Community!

We're constantly working on making improvements to our product and I'd like to introduce the new Read More block available in the 3rd generation editor. This is a great tool to use when you want to share some outside web content but don't want it to take up a large area of your campaign. We found that emails containing about 20 lines of text have the most click-through rates so you want to make sure that your space is utilized well!

Here, I will walk you through how to use this great new feature:

1. Click on the More button under your Build element (Your element may look different)

addtag2.png
  2. Click and drag to place the Read More block into your campaign

2016-11-03_9-39-23.png
  3. Click inside the layout, and click Edit

2016-11-03_9-40-18.png
  4. Paste the URL for the site that you want to share with your contacts (Note: the site must contain an image). From here, you can select a picture that best fits by using the arrows in the top left corner of the picture. Then, click Insert.

2016-11-03_9-41-55.png
  5. Now it's time to position your new Read More block. You can have it display in your campaign as a single block or create a column using the other Build elements. I used the Image, Text and Button blocks to create the right side of the column.  

2016-11-03_10-09-27.png

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! Feel free to let us know how you'll be using this new block. 

Caitlin_M

I've been working at Constant Contact since October 2015. I assist our customers through phone support, social media, and now also in the Community.

Comments
by Authorized Local Expert
on ‎02-14-2017 01:40 PM

Hi there.

I wanted to use this feature in my Getting Started with webinar today but it wasn't one of the options available to me when I clicked the + icon in the sidebar. It's available from my personal account dashboard, but not my ALE Demo account dashboard. Can it be added?

Thanks so much for your time and assistance.

Laurie

by CTCT Employee Nick_S.
on ‎02-14-2017 06:06 PM

Hello @LaurieK0,

We definitely want to help you get this feature working in your account. When you checked your demo account were you working with a pre-existing draft you had created awhile back? When this feature was implemented it was not set up retroactively. Any existing draft or sent campaigns in the 3GE editor will not have the Read More block feature. I'm not sure if I'm looking at the correct account but I did check one of your existing drafts and saw that the Read More block was not accessible. However when I created a fresh campaign draft I was able to access Read More. In this situation you would have to create a brand new template in order to use this tool.

That said, I encourage you to send us an email at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the username for your ALE Demo account and a reference to this post and we can take a closer look to make sure we're not overlooking anything.