cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing Images for Upload

Before you upload images to your account we’ve got some tips to make sure they are optimized for your Constant Contact campaigns.

Image Quality

• Color Mode- RGB colors look best on the internet so turn off any color management settings in your image editor to help prevent colors from changing.
  • Brightness- Adjust the color levels so your subject isn’t hiding in the shadows or glare.
  • Composition- Try cropping your image to control the focus of the image

Image Size

• Height- There isn’t an ideal height since blocks adjust but if the image is being used as a header keep your height to 200px or less.
  • Width for header images- Keep it under 600px wide to prevent stretching.
  • Width for body images-
    • One-column template: Max 600px wide
    • Two-column template: Max 250px wide
    • Three-column template: Max 150px wide
  • File Size- Images larger than 5mb won’t upload to the account so make sure you save your images for “web and devices” to optimize it. Remember to flatten any included layers!

File Type

• Jpeg- Small file size, works best with photos
  • GIF- Small file size that supports transparency, works best for logos or simple graphics.
  • PNG- Best quality that supports full transparency, works best for all images.

Once your image is ready, go ahead and upload it to your account! You are free to use the image in any newsletters, surveys, events and more!

Hannah_M

Hi I'm Hannah! I started at Constant Contact in April 2011 as a Customer Support Rep answering calls, chats and emails. I moved to the Social Media team full time in October 2012. I also work with the @ctcthelp twitter handle, follow me there!