cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule a Birthday or Anniversary email

Once you've created a birthday or anniversary email to send to your contacts you will want to decide if you send this special email on the contacts birthday/anniversary or up to two week prior.

Before we start, let’s recap how to include birthday or anniversary information in your contact details. When you upload a list of contacts you can include this field in the file or if you just need to update a contact or two you can do so by manually adding this information into the field.

Need more information on this? Check out this FAQ!

2016-01-20_8-57-24.png

Now, back to where we left off. I’ve created a birthday email to send to my customers offering them a special 10% off coupon for use within the customer’s birthday month. To give them a chance to use this coupon I don’t want to send it on their birthday but instead would like to send it 12 days prior. From the schedule screen I will choose to send this deal to “All Contacts” and choose “Before Birthday”.

Once I click Activate the email will begin sending to the contacts who meet these criteria.

schedule.png

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hannah_M

Hi I'm Hannah! I started at Constant Contact in April 2011 as a Customer Support Rep answering calls, chats and emails. I moved to the Social Media team full time in October 2012. I also work with the @ctcthelp twitter handle, follow me there!

2 Comments
Honored Contributor

Glad to see this finally added.

When collecting this information from a sign up form what are the acceptable formats for birthday ?

Currently when I add birthday as a field its just a blank box.  If someone puts in April 17 or 4-17 or 4/17 will they all work with this new system?

Good question!

On the live sign-up form the field actually has a 5 character limit and looks like this:

2016-01-21_8-25-52.png

You would only be able to insert MM/DD. If you enter in any other format an error saying "Please enter birthday in MM/DD format." will appear.