cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Internet Explorer 9

Internet_Explorer_9_icon.svg.png

As you know, your favorite browsers are always updating to make your experience better. Well, Internet Explorer is next. Starting on August 1st, 2015 Constant Contact will no longer be support Internet Explorer 9.

What does this mean?

This means you can work in IE9 but we won’t be able to troubleshoot any problems you may run into.

Why?

Since IE is up to version 10 (working on version 11), we need to make sure Constant Contact continues to update to adapt to the newest versions.

How do I know if I need to update?

If you think you might be using IE 9 just open your browser and click the help or question mark icon. Choose “About Internet Explorer” and you will see a version number. Just a heads up, if you have Windows XP or Windows Vista you probably have IE9!

**If you login to Constant Contact using IE9 you will see a messaging letting you know that upgrading is necessary to get the best experience.

How do I update?

1. Go to the Download Internet Explorer 9
  2. Select the language you want to install and your version of Windows, and then click Download.
  3. In the File Download dialog box, click Run, and then, in the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
  4. Click one of the following:
    • Restart now (recommended) (to finish the installation process now).
    • Restart later

What if I can’t update?

We know some companies won’t allow the upgrade right away so work in IE9 or another browser until you can complete the update.

Hannah_M

Hi I'm Hannah! I started at Constant Contact in April 2011 as a Customer Support Rep answering calls, chats and emails. I moved to the Social Media team full time in October 2012. I also work with the @ctcthelp twitter handle, follow me there!

1 Comment