cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Upload Contacts from File

Honored Contributor

Have you seen the new screen when uploading your contacts from a file?  We flipped the Preview, so that it looks more like a spreadsheet.  The columns of data now go left to right, just like in an Excel file.  Depending on the number of columns that you have your data in, you might need to scroll left to right now to select the fields for your data.  

Take a look below and tell us what you think of this update!  

2015-09-09_2029.png

Samantha_O

Former Community Manager at Constant Contact.

11 Comments
Honored Contributor

I wish the "DO NOT IMPORT" option was at the top of your options.  That would save a lot of time in my particular cases.

HI @Clique_Marketing

This is something we've heard some feedback on so I will include your vote on the topic!

Thanks,

CTCT Employee

Hi @Clique_Marketing- thanks for sharing your feedback. I wanted to let you know that in just a few short weeks the "do not import" option will be at the top of the list of field options. We're targeting to release this change the week of 10/19 but that is subject to change. We're making this change based on customer feedback so keep the feedback coming!

Thanks,

Samara Yohai

Product Manager- Contacts team

Honored Contributor

Cool ...

Honored Contributor

I saw it work the way you described for one day and now its back to having the do not import at the bottom again.

What gives?

Honored Contributor

Hi @Clique_Marketing

I wanted to give you an update on this. We are working on this feature and it should be coming soon to accounts. It was released, as you saw; however, we did see some issues.  This was rolled back so that we can work to resolve the issues.  Once this is finalized it should become available again. 

Honored Contributor

3 weeks so far.

You guys take sooooooo long to fix things ....

Any update?

Hi @Clique_Marketing

Thanks for following up. I discussed this with our engineering department and this will not be added back until January at the earliest. I know this is not ideal for you but I wanted to be honest about our plans. I will do my best to keep you updated with what news I have.

Thanks,

All Star

What are the problems that users or testers experienced that made you roll back the programming?

Michael

Hi @mchristo

There were some performance problems with contact import and exports that were unacceptable for us to leave in production. We won't put the changes out again until these are all resolved.

Thanks,