cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
In recognition of the Presidents Day holiday, our Support office will be open with limited availability on Monday 02/18 from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm ET. Check out our Help Center for all the ways to get in touch with us and get help.

Welcome To The Constant Contact Community (Video)

Administrator

Did you just land on the Community and you're not sure where to start first or how it might benefit you? I'm glad you landed here then. Check out the video below and learn a little bit of what the Community has to offer you!

If you have any questions please let us know below!

Kyle_R

Hi, I'm Kyle! I'm the Community Manager on our Community and Social Care team. I've been with Constant Contact since 2010. Outside of work you can find me taking on a new DIY project, hiking, or exploring in the mountains.

2 Comments
All Star

Sometime in November, Google changed how mass mailings are handled at the recipient end. Instead of our emails ending up in the InBox of Gmail users, they now go to the promotions folder. We had averaged an open rate in the high 40s, now it's in the 20s because many of our members don't see the emails in their InBox.

This defeats much of what we've accomplished in the past with Constant Contact. 

We at The Church on the Cape in Cape Porpoise, Maine, urge Constant Contact to inform Google that their new procedure is counterproductive.

Do let us know if there is a resolution of this issue.

William Lord - Communications

The Church on the Cape

Cape Porpoise, Maine 

CTCT Employee

Hello @wlord123,

I assure you, that you are no the only organization who has had a similar experience. While we of course will continue working with all email providers, it would be best to mention your displeasure with this feature directly to Google's support teams.  There are a few ways to ensure that your email makes it to people's inboxes, but the most effective by far is to have them add your 'from' email address to their actual contact list.  Gmail will often automatically remember people you've emailed frequently, so many users do not bother with adding companies to their contact lists.  If they do add you though, that should more effectively ensure that your emails do go to the inbox, rather than the Promotions tab.