cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What If a User Forgets Their Username or Password?

CTCT Employee

These days, it is common to forget the plethora of passwords and usernames that you have to access the myriad accounts you use to get things done.

As Account Owners, one of your employees might come to you and tell you that they have forgotten one of the two, or even the answer to their Security Question (which you do not have access to so if they forget that, than you’d need to create a new Username/Password for them entirely and delete the old one.

You would want to advise them to select ‘Forgot Password’ at the login screen and follow the instructions from the password reset email they will receive which will prompt them to enter the answer to the Security Question they set up when they first received their Username and Password.

But if they have also forgotten their Security Question you will need to set up new credentials for them so please follow these instructions:

Log into your account and click in My Account/Account Users and locate the username for the person who has forgotten their credentials.

My Account Account Users First Screen.png

Their name will appear listed under yours so click on Edit to change their password and hit submit to activate the changes. Have the user log in to confirm that they are able to log in successfully.  You can deactivate, add, and edit credentials for your users from this screen.

Other MultiUser Setup.png

And that's it!  This is a great new feature that we have implemented because your employees no longer have to use your login credentials to do work for your company, thus protecting your personal account information and authority over the account as the Account Owner.

Hope that information was helpful to you and as always, let us know if you have any further questions!

BriaS

Hi, Everyone! I'm Bria, and I am the Social Media and Community Intern here at Constant Contact. I assist the other moderators at the @ctcthelp Twitter handle and answer your questions here in the Community boards. FUN FACT: I bought a One-Way ticket from where I had been living in Seattle, WA to Boston, MA two weeks before training started at Constant Contact in January 2013! It was quite a change but I am delighted each day that I did it. When I am not here helping you all, I am going to live music, dancing salsa, writing, studying Spanish and reconnecting with friends and family back home here in Massachusetts.