MartinLieberman

Build Your Email List While You’re on Vacation

by on ‎06-28-2011 10:35 AM

For many people, the Fourth of July means one thing: time off. But just because your place of business is closed, that doesn’t mean you have to stop all your marketing activities. While you may not be working on PowerPoint presentations and data analysis, you can still use this time productively, without detracting from your relaxing holiday.

For example, a day at the beach or pool, or a backyard barbecue with friends, is a perfect time to build your email list. Here are two easy ways to do it when all you’ve got with you is a mobile device:

1. Take advantage of our brand-new Text to Join feature. All you have to do is pick a keyword before you leave the office, and then every time you come across someone who is not already on your list, tell that person to send a quick text message with that word to a number that we give you. (For more detailed information, check out this quick tutorial.)
  2. Download our QuickView app for the iPhone. The app lets you create and send emails, and it also lets you add new contacts to your mailing lists, quickly and easily.

Asking if your friends and neighbors are on your mailing list also gives you the chance to ask if they’re connected to you on social media. Mobile apps make it very easy to start following a new business, organization, or person on Twitter, or to Like a Facebook Page. If the answer is no to the social media question, then you can add a new connection or two without even removing your sunblock.

Want more easy tips for how to continue marketing during your vacation? Check out our article from this month’s issue of Hints & Tips.

Do you plan to keep your marketing activities going over the long weekend? Share your plans or your suggestions here, or on our Facebook Page.

Comments
by masud(anon) on ‎07-03-2011 03:19 AM
Thank you for your advice in this article. I will try to practice. good luck to be able to promote business during the holidays

by POP Kollaborative(anon) on ‎07-08-2011 03:32 PM

This is a really great idea, but what the article doesn't say is that this new text feature only works in the US.  The video tutorial nor the sign up page also don't tell you that it's only available in the US.  I used up my time to get it all set up and tried it out.   Only to discover when it didn't work that it wasn't available in Canada.    Please change your marketing tools to reflect that it's only available in US so that others don't waste their time like I did.  

If you make it available in Canada or elsewhere in the world for that matter, please let everyone know with subsequent marketing emails.  We'd like to know when such a great idea is activated for our use, we'd really like it available to us as well. 

Thanks

by Scentsy Warmers(anon) on ‎11-21-2011 02:44 PM

It remindes me of what happened this past weekend. I went to a Christmas lighting event recently and unintentially created business for myself. It wasn't intentional. Now I wonder if I can turn my upcoming vacation into a tax deduction the same way ;0)

by on ‎11-21-2011 03:00 PM

Ha! Great question. :-)

Seriously, though, I'm glad you're always ready to find new contacts and customers. You never know where you may find them. It's certainly helpful when you have the tools at your disposal to collect the necessary information.