You built the perfect email newsletter. There is engaging content, interesting graphics and great calls to action. But, what if nobody even opens your email? Don’t worry, let’s take a look at 10 of my favorite recent subject lines to get your creative juices flowing. Make sure your customers see the fine work you did.
10 My Favorite Recent Subject Lines
10. Florida Residents save on a spring getaway! – Disney Parks
9. All caught up for the Girls Season Finale? - HBO
8. See Apple Watch in action. - Apple
7. Sundays Just Got (Way) Better – Bowlmor Lanes
6. Cinco de Savings - $5 Dollars Off K-cups! – Cape Java
5. April promo codes bring May vacations! - Orbitz
4. Take Your Tax Refund Traveling - Jetsetter
3. Funny moms. Crazy moms. Moms with dragons. - HBO
2. "To have more heart than scars." #WHYIRACE – Spartan Race
1. Gettysburg or Hershey in 2015? You deserve a vacation! - Tripadvisor
Ready to write your next subject line? Stop… take a few moments and follow this simple thought pattern and I guarantee you’ll up your game a few open rate percentage points.
Ask yourself, what is my email about?
Then ask why is my email content interesting?
Place yourself in the receiver role. Consider what would pique your own interest.
Now, write two subject lines and walk away for 5 minutes and answer a few emails. Come back to Constant Contact and the best subject line will be right there in front of you.
If you would like more tips or just want to pass a subject line past someone before you send your eletter, feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Thanks for reading.
Image courtesy HBO
Jake Burns An award-winning, Master Certified partner and is the founder of SouthDirekt, a Tampa-based internet marketing firm.
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am-8pm ET, Sat 10am-8pm ET, & Sun 10am-6pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!