Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 Non-caffeinated Ways to Wake Up At Work

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

12 Non-caffeinated Ways to Wake Up At Work

Inc Logo.JPG

Kevin Daum, from Inc.com, posted 12 ways to help you stay awake or wake up while at work. Some of these are funny and honestly, I don't think I'll be dancing in my cube...at least not while others are in the building. I do dance in my cube after 5 though when everyone has gone home!

What do you do to help you stay awake at work that is non-caffeinated? Share your tips with us here!

• Make 'em Laugh! - Go tell jokes with a coworker for a few minutes. Laughing will release endorphins to wake you up!
  • Go Online Shopping - I only promote this during breaks! But buying something new for yourself or for someone else can "get your blood flowing"
  • Move That Body- Change how your sitting in your chair or better yet, try standing.
  • Call Your Mom - No explanation needed for this one!

Read the other 8 tips at "12 Non-caffeinated Ways to Wake Up at Work".

1 REPLY 1
Contributing Solution Provider

Re: 12 Non-caffeinated Ways to Wake Up At Work

Although these suggestions are great to keep you awake, some can be huge time stealers. For solopreneurs, taking time to shop online, do games or make personal phone calls (even to MOM) could result in a fueling procrastination problem.  As we all know goofing off online, whether shopping or playing games, can make time fly and the work day disappear.

The best way to stay awake at work is to do work that you love. Doing work you love stimulates a healthy attitude and an energy to get the job done. If a person isn't in a business that inspires them and motivates them, then it's time to make some changes.

Wishing you awesome and continuing success,

Sumner Davenport

Puzzle Master, Solutions Consultant
Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.
Publisher, Author, Speaker

Solutions, not just answers.
One Size does NOT fit all.
Solutions to fit your niche, your business and your budget.